Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,872   Posts: 1,583,494   Online: 1011

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My 4x5 was a Crown Graphic. I really didn't worry about it getting wet, but usually ended up shooting it from under the opened lift-gate of my Cherokee. Got me out of the wind, too.

For 35mm, I cover my tripod-mounted camera outfit with a hotel showercap. Those are great. When taking the picture, I just pull it off for the exposure. A little water won't bother the rig. It's plenty tight. The "Ti" versions of the OM line are weather-sealed.

If conditions are extreme, I'm using my Di*ital Olympus E-1 which is one-step short of being a Nikonos.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wear a backpack and then stuff the open umbrella between my back and the packpack. In many cases, I am able to tie it in to position. That means hand free and dry...works every time...but you end up having to keep you back quite straight Kal
    Kal Khogali

www.kal-khogali.com

Visit my Photo Scrap Book

www.shutteringeye.wordpress.com

"Wake up, dream, and photograph what you have seen.
    Don't wake up, photograph, and dream of what could have been."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My low tech answer...... Take a gallon size ziploc bag, and place it open end down. Insert camera, prism finder, lens and film back into the bag and using a sharpie pen, and draw a line on one edge that is just a bit smaller than your lens diameter. Cut the line with a sharp knife and insert lens through the slit and push it just so the bayonet mount clears it and then install the lens hood. Then push down the the top of the bag onto the the viewfinder window and cut a slit like before. Push the prism finder eyepiece through it and secure with rubber band. You now have a portable sytsem that will take quite a soaking from above yet you can still get in underneath to crank the fillm wind, and to replace film backs etc. seems to work very well and it is SOOOOOOO cheap.
    Please check out my website www.amoxomphotography.com and APUG Portfolio .....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    For 35mm and and MF I use a KATA raincover:
    http://www.kata-bags.com/product.asp...&Version=Photo

For LF a golf umbrella and garbage bag(s)

Quote Originally Posted by MurrayMinchin View Post
    It rains a bit where I live...here's my method;

Murray
    Indeed... annual precip ~ 2.7 METERS:o

JGB
    "Sure is fun playing Jimi Hendrix at Carnegie Hall"-SRV

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin