Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,200   Posts: 1,531,494   Online: 983

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

"Jafa Photography" - Who is behind this?

Hi,

Just stumbled on this website via Google:
    http://www.jafaphotography.com/index.html

It seems to hold quite a nice set of photography related articles, and has a huge set of PDF manuals for (analog) camera's as well... but who is behind this website?

I find it incredible that there is no real introduction (think Ken Rockwell and his site) at all about the person or company who runs this site... it's so big!

No "About", nothing...

Marco
    Last edited by Marco B; 05-07-2009 at 05:06 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Look here.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Q.G. View Post
    Look here.

How do you do that?

I mean put the link under a word as in Look here?

Ray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    ray

it is done like this
    [ url= whatever the url is. yadayadayada ]w ord that will be highlighted[/ url]
    without the spaces ...
    Last edited by jnanian; 05-07-2009 at 08:43 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: will be, not is
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Ray Rogers View Post
    How do you do that?

I mean put the link under a word as in Look here?
    In addition to jnanian's method, it's possible to do it in a more point-and-click way. There's a little "insert link" button in the reply area. I'm posting a screen shot on my system, but I'm using the "Reply to Thread" method rather than the "Quick Reply" method. The same icon exists in the "Quick Reply" box, but there are fewer other options.

After you select this item, you enter the URL. The result will be the code that jnanian posted, but with the URL in the word area, as well as in the URL area. You can replace the copy of the URL in the word area (between the [ url = ] and [ / url ] codes) with whatever word you want. You might find this approach easier than remembering the codes.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails reply.jpg  

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    OK, thanks guys, that settles my curiosity... still strange no-one or company is actually mentioned or takes credits for it on the site.
    My website

"The nineteenth century began by believing that what was reasonable was true, and it wound up by believing that what it saw a photograph of, was true." - William M. Ivins Jr.

"I don't know, maybe we should disinvent color, and we could just shoot Black & White." - David Burnett in 1978

"Analog is chemistry + physics, digital is physics + math, which ones did you like most?"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    That would be because it is not a company site.
    And it's up to the individual behind the site whether he wants to mention himself.
    You mention yourself in the third person singular on your own website. Also a choice.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To quote Marco, "OK, thanks guys, that settles my curiosity..." !

((Marco, the last time I looked at one American TV channel, they were selling mail order plastic kitchen goodies "Jafa! Jafa! Jafa!"... I thought it was an Isralie (sp?) company for some reason.))

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin