Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,770   Posts: 1,516,517   Online: 765

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

Mother's Day in the US

After looking at all my old photos and negs, I realized that I should of taken more photos of my mother. I have a cousin who told me the same thing, recently. Our mothers have past away.

I know some people don't like having their photo taken, so mothers, please smile for the camera if your children are pointing a camera your way, or at least pay no attention when someone does. When you're gone the photos and memories remain.

And, HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!
    "Pictures are not incidental frills to a text; they are essences of our distinctive way of knowing." Stephen J. Gould

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    This is my first Mothers' Day without my mother, and the loss is keenly felt. Happy Mothers' Day, everyone.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    My mother first put a camera in my hand. Though she didn't fully understand why, she taught me how to adjust according to the Law of Reciprocity. She taught me basic composition. She bought me my first camera (Minolta XG-M) and lenses. Oh, and she raised me and stuff.

I would not be the person I am today without her love and perserverance.

Happy Mothers Day, Mom. And to all of our APUG Moms out there. It's your day.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mother's should be remembered on all days not just mother's day. We all way assume they will all ways be there. Give them more of our time. That is something we can never own.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My dad was a large format portrait photographer by avocation, and took some stunningly beautiful photographs of my mother. I'm sad that I no longer have them to look at (my sister has them in her house), and even if I had the negs, I no longer have access to the gorgeous cream base Kodak paper my dad used (Ektalure perhaps?) so I'd not get the same result. She would have been 100 years old this past week (May 3rd), and I do miss her greatly...she was a saint!
    John Voss

My Blog

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin