Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,495   Posts: 1,543,023   Online: 800

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tripod Sling

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    When possible - I use a jogging stroller to "carry" tripod, camera & gear - I would rather push than carry.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    If it's a Manfrotto tripod, Manfrotto makes a custom shoulder strap which works well, though a top-heavy tripod (because of the head, for example) can cause some unbalancing. If that's so, Manfrotto also make a carry-along strap, so you carry the tripod beside you like you might carry a suitcase. OpTech also makes excellent tripod portage straps but I'm not sure of there availability in the UAE.

I don't recommend attaching a tripod to your backpack; it adds a lot of unstable weight, catches on vegetation, can bump people behind you and is a general hindrance.
    It is a Manfrotto. I have a 055XB, and I have a 410 geared head.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Optech make a couple of Neoprene tripod straps that are very good .
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Poisson Du Jour View Post
    ...I don't recommend attaching a tripod to your backpack; it adds a lot of unstable weight, catches on vegetation, can bump people behind you and is a general hindrance.
    I'm a little curious about this statement. If someone bumps into my tripod while its attached to my LowePro backpacks, it means that they've just run over me.

I don't find the excess weight (~3 lbs) unstable at all.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I attach a 6+ pound tripod to the side of my backpacks all the time. As long as it's a decent back with a waist belt and you tighten everything up properly it doesn't make you any less stable.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin