Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,572   Posts: 1,545,650   Online: 988

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Testimonials from those who came back to film

Hello!

I have just set up a website dedicated to promoting film photography (http://www.tudosobrefotografia.com.br (sorry, only in Portuguese, at least for now)). I had the idea of putting on the website testimonials by photographers who used to shoot film, went digital for some time and then decided to shoot film again (exclusively or not). Would anyone be able to help me? Of course it would be essential to know the reasons why the photographer decided to do film again.

I am pretty sure I have seen a topic somewhere on APUG where this kind of testimonial was given by many. Try as I might, though, I couldn't find it. If anyone would point me to it, that would be great.

Thank you all.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Skim through the 'introduce yourself' threads. There should be plenty there.
    Thank you.
    CWalrath
    APUG BLIND PRINT EXCHANGE
    DE Darkroom

"Wubba, wubba, wubba. Bing, bang, bong. Yuck, yuck, yuck and a fiddle-dee-dee." - The Yeti

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    @Edimilson: where do you have your film proccesed ?
    Here in Goiânia, GO there is one lab, Fujioka and hardly any film available.
    Fujioka makes scans the amateur way and that is about it.

I would love to do analogue work here in Brazil, but I am afraid that Goiânia with 1.400.000 people is still a farmers town.

Still being analogue in Holland though.

Greetings,
    Peter

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hello Archphoto!

I process my negatives myself. I set up a darkroom about two years ago. There are three or four service labs here in Rio that I could use, but that would make everything much more expensive. I would suggest you do the same. You wouldn't need to set up a darkroom, you see. Instead, you could use a changing bag like this. I also import films and chemicals, which is also less expensive than buying it all here (for some reason, films and chemicals are delivered to me so that import taxes are not charged. But This does not apply to cameras, lenses, flash units, etc.). Freestyle has good film sold at very good prices. Check the Arista brands.

As to enlarging, I also do that at home. If you dont't want or can't set up a darkroom, how about having your film scanned? Then you could have only the negatives that matter enlarged. That would lower your costs too.

See ya!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Christopher Walrath View Post
    Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry9000/4.6.0.167 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/102 UP.Link/6.3.0.0.0)

Skim through the 'introduce yourself' threads. There should be plenty there.
    Thanks for the tip, Christopher. I'll do that.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin