Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,517   Posts: 1,645,504   Online: 1322

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Kershaw View Post
    The previous message was about Warmtone FB. If you can find that for £50 I will be very happy!

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Stan160 View Post
    The previous message was about Warmtone FB. If you can find that for £50 I will be very happy!

Ian
    There was WTRC from a powerseller in Sheffield(Sheffield Photcentre) on e-bay selling WTRC at £38 per 100 sheet box in the 8x10 size at a time( late April ) when the other major powerseller was asking almost £54. It obviously sold quickly and I haven't seen any since. However even if it was a one-off stock I am sure he wasn't selling at a loss. Seffield photocentre may have obtained it via a bargain basement deal and not from Ilford directly and it may not be in the business of selling paper normally or at least not on e-bay. However the quantities on sale suggested that it was a "wholesale item" and not just a few boxes obtained at fire sale prices from a one man business who was going under. Had it have been, then the one man business could done better via e-bay himself

It really raises the question of what is the price that gives the stockist a reasonable margin having bought from Ilford?

We are far from the economist's perfect competition scenario unfortunately where prices settle at about one level that allows "normal profits" only.

There's a roaring trade on e-bay in secondhand paper and it is hardly surprising given over the counter prices for new stock. Given the risks involved with old paper and unspecified dates and opened boxes no-one would ever bid other than a derisory amount if the difference in price between new and secondhand was reasonable but it isn't in my opinion.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    35mm

More bad news

"Jessops releases another disappointing trading report, sales down

Sales at Jessops continue to fall as the UK's largest photographic retailer released another 'gloomy' report."

http://www.bjp-online.com/public/sho...ml?page=867733

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post

It really raises the question of what is the price that gives the stockist a reasonable margin having bought from Ilford?

pentaxuser
    I'd have thought that as different dealers will have varying overheads, and may get the product from Harman at varying price levels, a 'reasonable margin' would be rather difficult to establish.

Tom

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    How typical - the new CEO "leads" the company into crippling debt and gets a 500K pound bonus! He sings all the way to the bank, the company goes belly up, thousands lose their job, and he goes merrily on his way.
    Michael McClellan
    Documentary Photographer
    Ann Arbor, Michigan
    http://www.MichaelMcClellan.com

Shooter
    Large Format

no no no

Harman have ruined ilford, they should have let it die a graceful death.

5 years and it wont exist, good riddance to the stuff, there are plenty of paper suppliers selling there stock for more than 50 percent less, i use fotoimpex in germany. excellent

jessops were bad when film was popular and there bad now and soon they will also disappear, good coluldnt stand the places, rude arrogant and clueless.

dont give your money to those idiots, give it only to companies who care about photography, and not to what are now mobile phone shops with 2 year olds behind the counter.

i personally think that the uk will drop out entirely of the photographic market and the closest you will have left is carphone warehouse

i moved out from england after 30 years (from birth) and will never go back. you are all being taken for a ride by your royalty and government (thieves and liars)

dont put off the inevitable any longer and just have that damn cival war.

Shooter
    Large Format

hahaha

yup bitter and twisted fella

if i hadnt of left then i would have been englands biggest pain in the butt

i for one will never return, my eyes are now open and i see what the rest of the world sees in england

i now live in amsterdam

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin