Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,962   Posts: 1,523,140   Online: 965

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images

DISASTER PLEASE HELP

Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Lesson One - Dont store negatives near water.
    Lesson Two - Scan them - at least you have something
    Don't tell the digital people that we lost some negatives, we spend a lot of time telling them how easy it is to lose a digital file, and in reality its just as easy to lose negatives.
    LMAO at the last one! Hahaha

~Stone

Mamiya: 7 II, RZ67 Pro II / Canon: 1V, AE-1, 5DmkII / Kodak: No 1 Pocket Autographic, No 1A Pocket Autographic | Sent w/ iPhone using Tapatalk
    ~Stone | "...of course, that's just my opinion. I could be wrong." ~Dennis Miller

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by SMBooth View Post
    Lesson One - Dont store negatives near water.
    Lesson Two - Scan them - at least you have something
    Don't tell the digital people that we lost some negatives, we spend a lot of time telling them how easy it is to lose a digital file, and in reality its just as easy to lose negatives.
    I've been able to salvage the negatives, not so sure if the computer would have survived the drenching!! And yes, I kinda knew it was risky to keep a pile of negatives in the basement darkroom. Most are in a closet upstairs, and fortunately, none of the ones I truly value were down there!! Phew!! I'll take my chances with negatives, I still think they are harder to destroy than a computer. And honestly, I"d never have the patience to make high res scans every single negative I make, that'd be a huge bother.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by SuzanneR View Post
    I've been able to salvage the negatives, not so sure if the computer would have survived the drenching!! And yes, I kinda knew it was risky to keep a pile of negatives in the basement darkroom. Most are in a closet upstairs, and fortunately, none of the ones I truly value were down there!! Phew!! I'll take my chances with negatives, I still think they are harder to destroy than a computer. And honestly, I"d never have the patience to make high res scans every single negative I make, that'd be a huge bother.
    Glad to hear you revcovered your negatives.

I jsut had a friend ask me to help him recover negatives from Sandy's flooding. He lost the house!

His computer is in the ocean somewhere but boxes of negative in his front yard under the house debre are still in tact. although soaked in salt water n mud for a week as we waited for FEMA.

I put all the negatives, glassines n all, in a tub of clean water. we soaked em good, changing the water as often as we can for a few days n removed as much of the mud n sleeves as we could.

After soaking n changing baths, carefuly cleaned each strip with bottled water and photoflo. Allow em to dry.... as good as almost new, they all survived!

Computer scans are sleeping with the fish!

paul
    Anyone can make a Digital print, but only a photographer can make a photograph.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by paul ron View Post
    Glad to hear you revcovered your negatives.

I jsut had a friend ask me to help him recover negatives from Sandy's flooding. He lost the house!

His computer is in the ocean somewhere but boxes of negative in his front yard under the house debre are still in tact. although soaked in salt water n mud for a week as we waited for FEMA.

I put all the negatives, glassines n all, in a tub of clean water. we soaked em good, changing the water as often as we can for a few days n removed as much of the mud n sleeves as we could.

After soaking n changing baths, carefuly cleaned each strip with bottled water and photoflo. Allow em to dry.... as good as almost new, they all survived!

Computer scans are sleeping with the fish!

paul
    Wow, that's a great story!!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin