Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,229   Posts: 1,532,844   Online: 961

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    You have just wasted several minutes of my life, which I can't now get back.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yeah. Try doing that with an F. I'm pretty sure it would defeat the blender. However, as blendering an F is a crime against humanity, substitute with a large chunk of solid brass bar stock.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    You have just wasted several minutes of my life, which I can't now get back.
    You didn't need them anyway
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    You didn't need them anyway
    How do you know...I can assure you that my lady friend and I know many enjoyable and interesting ways to occupy any spare time.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    How do you know...I can assure you that my lady friend and I know many enjoyable and interesting ways to occupy any spare time.
    In that case, what are you doing here??!

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    In that case, what are you doing here??!

Steve
    Well, I did think I was here to learn more about analogue photography and how to improve my own efforts, not to be directed to supposedly amusing videos of some people, who seem to be of a somewhat retarded nature, destroying photo gear (even digital).
    Last edited by railwayman3; 06-03-2009 at 03:50 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It is not destroying photo gear; it is destroying imaging gear.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As an Olympus user of both film and digital gear I wanted to cry, but the fire at the end made it worthwhile.
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

E76
    Shooter
    Instant Films
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ken N View Post
    As an Olympus user of both film and digital gear I wanted to cry, but the fire at the end made it worthwhile.
    Think of it as Olympus's punishment for discontinuing the OM System.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    It is not destroying photo gear; it is destroying imaging gear.

Steve
    As someone who was brought up in a relatively poor environment, (think having to save up pocket money to buy a 120 film), I'm sickened when I see simpering "rich kids" destroying photo (sorry, imaging :rolleyes: ) for a "laugh".

You may not like digital photography for whatever reason (sorry, imaging :rolleyes: )...but what's the point of destroying good gear? I really hate VW cars , after having owned one which must have been built on a Friday-afternoon (we christened it "Adolf's revenge" ) , but I don't take a hammer to my neighbors Audi.

At the end of the day, digital imaging (got it right that time ) will win the day...it's 95% there now, quicker, easier, cheaper and more reliable for the casual user, and much more versatile, productive and economic for commercial and scientific use. There are things like Astrophotography (which I do myself) where analogue cannot handle most present-day work. Being a Luddite will not alter that.

Yes, some of us, myself included, will continue analogue for some work while materials are available and for particular artistic results , just as I will continue my watercolor painting for another kind of artistic result. But, just as I don't do my laundry by hand nowdays, I shall use the most suitable tools for the job in hand, even if this involves digital imaging (there, I've got it right with no prompting. )

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin