Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,696   Posts: 1,482,520   Online: 1011

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Some people just have too much time on their hands. Referring to the youtube guy, and the lot of us wasting/spending time discussing this thread!
    Søren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Kvistgaard View Post
    Some people just have too much time on their hands. Referring to the youtube guy, and the lot of us wasting/spending time discussing this thread!
    Yes, I'll get back to my photography (and imaging, if anyone with Luddite tendancies hasn't got to my gear while I wasn't looking ).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    Yes, I'll get back to my photography (and imaging, if anyone with Luddite tendancies hasn't got to my gear while I wasn't looking ).
    I, and many others on this website, are proud to be Luddites. But don't let us stop you from playing with your video camera while you make real photographs with your film cameras!
    Last edited by Andy K; 06-04-2009 at 07:16 AM. Click to view previous post history.

-----------My Flickr-----------
    Anáil nathrach, ortha bháis is beatha, do chéal déanaimh.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You may not like digital photography for whatever reason (sorry, imaging :rolleyes: )...
    First of all, I predate everyone or almost every here on in using digital imaging. I was on the Voyager Science Sequencing team and I designed and programmed the science platform, including the Wideange and Telephoto Cameras, on Voyager 1 to take the first photograph of the Earth and the Moon from beyond Moon's orbit [1977]. There was earlier work but I will not talk about it here. I also designed and programmed the science platform to take the Voyager 1's and Voyager 2's Jupiter's rotation and the Red Spot movies. I have not problem with using digital imaging for remote sensing.

Second of all just as crappy snapshots financed the development [pun intended] and improvement of film, crappy digipics will finance the development and improvements of film and digital imaging.

Third, lighten up and enjoy life, you take yourself WAY TOO SIRIUSLY! You will live longer.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by E76 View Post
    Think of it as Olympus's punishment for discontinuing the OM System.
    No. There is a special place reserved for the executives that made that decision.

AG-Schnozz
    http://www.zone-10.com

When you turn your camera on, does it return the favor?

Shooter
    35mm
    It does seem foolish to destroy the camera for "giggles", but in the scheme of things, they destroyed a $hundred dollar camera. Compared to normal advertising budgets, production costs of the video, etc, the cost of the camera was simply factored in as an expense. They aren't THAT expensive, and they certainly aren't rare...you can just go buy another one off the shelf. It would only be upset if it was something rare or of actual value. If these jokers want to blend a few hundred dollars worth of disposable imaging hardware they are welcomed to. If they had used a 1.1 megapixel camera from 2003 nobody would care, and in a few years, nobody will care about the Olympus either.
    f/22 and be there.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I saw this guy on Time Warp. You should see what happens with butane lighters in the blender.

Jerry

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post

Third, lighten up and enjoy life, you take yourself WAY TOO SIRIUSLY! You will live longer.

Steve
    Actually, I love my life, business, family and hobbies. I don't take myself too seriously....but it's quite fun to wind up those who do.

Shooter
    Large Format
    I love it

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't take myself too seriously....but it's quite fun to wind up those who do.
    I'll drink to that.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin