Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,892   Posts: 1,630,046   Online: 917

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    I see them every day, but they have lots of different names.

And I don't despise them, when I see them happily enjoying their latest set of crappy 6x4 digital prints of the family
    Ah my Bad, the consumer, some can even depreciate masterpieces and believe they are the king/queen of the photographers, this are the type which I hate the most, they talk like if they know everything but they know nothing. Just being manipulated.
    Quote Originally Posted by railwayman3 View Post
    While I spend blood, sweat and tears on my next 20x16 B&W masterpiece (which will probably not come up to my expectations and finish up with the others in the cupboard...more stuff for my own kids to put in the trash when I'm no longer around).

I sometimes wonder who's got the best idea.

Anyway, 3 120 HP5 await my developing tank, and I'm sure my lifetime masterpiece must on one of the frames this time.....
    Teach your kids to appreciate you and your work and they won't trash it, show them how hard is the process of making a print. If they love you as a father, they won't throw your work and they'll be proud of their father. I say this as a son's experience.
    Let's see if you find a new masterpiece on those rolls...

Edit: Forgot to comment the video! Here it is:
    I had mixed feelings seeing the blending of that "camera"; I felt satisfaction as a film user, but a bit of sadness to see how it bit the dust, how the efforts spent on the manufacture went nuts.
    If tom tries to blend a linhof or rollei...
    the blender goes nuts

Shooter
    35mm
    [QUOTE=Prest_400;809680

Teach your kids to appreciate you and your work and they won't trash it, show them how hard is the process of making a print. If they love you as a father, they won't throw your work and they'll be proud of their father. I say this as a son's experience.
    Let's see if you find a new masterpiece on those rolls...

[/QUOTE]

Perhaps I gave a wrong impression of my kids....they're always interested in my latest efforts, while not photo-hobbyists themselves, and have a strong family interest and loyalty. In particular, my daughter is a very competent watercolorist, so has an appreciation of the effort which goes into creating good pictures of any kind.

My point was that we all have different tastes in art and design, particularly from one generation to another, and I wouldn't expect my kids to necessarily like my pictures or to put them on the wall when I'm not around just because their father took them. Any value and purpose which they have is the pleasure and interest which I have in making them, and that is of this time....if others like them some time in the future, so be it.

I have many prints and slides taken by my own late father, some which were accepted for exhibition, and I wouldn't throw them out. But the most valuable ones to me are not his 20x16 landscapes, but the "family snaps" from the 1880's to the 1950's. These, and those of their own childhood, are the ones which my own kids would want me to rescue from the proverbial fire.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin