Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,712   Posts: 1,482,970   Online: 906

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Medium Format
    We don't need to think about this in terms of "opinions". It is not a complicated issue.

Temperature does make a difference.
    The freezer is best for longer storage.
    The cooler is quite o.k., for storage upto the "use by" date printed on the box.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I agree with Q.G. It's a question of convenience. If you won't know what film you want to use until a moment before you need it, you probably need to keep at least a few rolls unrefrigerated. The bigger your film inventory and the more likely you are going to keep it until or past the expiry date, the more important refrigeration (and better, freezing) are. Professional film should always be refrigerated, at a minimum, whenever possible.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    Large Format
    I freeze mine, but first I seal the boxes with a Seal-a-Meal; takes out air and moisture. This seems to make it a little quicker to warm up (about an hour to an hour and a half for sheet film and about 20 minutes for rolls. But then I also live in the dry Southwest so moisture isn't much of an issue.

BVS

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin