Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,297   Posts: 1,535,733   Online: 825

Shooter
    Multi Format

Hand held timer advice needed

Can anyone recommend a hand held or pocket timer? When i expose longer than 1 second I count one, one thousand and so on. Is there a exposure time like that made or do i just hit Target's cookware section and get an egg timer?

Thanks!

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    I use a Timex stop watch that hangs around my neck or fits in my pocket. Actually I am usually happy counting seconds up to a minute but after that I would rather let the stop watch do it. I also use it to time platinum prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I keep one strapped to my wrist.
    Works great!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    my cheapo Nokia cellphone has a countdown timer and a stopwatch- easy enough to use

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Normaly a mechanical stopwatch, but most of my watches have that function too.
    I like the big dails and hand of the mechanical one though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thanks everyone! I dont know why a stopwatch never came to mind but i have never been a fitness or sports person. I will hit the sporting goods section and pick one up. Thanks again for all the help!

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    Try a music store and ask about electronic metronomes. Mine has a stop watch function which is handy for when you don't mind taking your eyes off the scene you're photographing. It also has a metronome function where it gives a soft 'beep' every second, which is good when you're eyes have to remain on the subject.

Murray

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I either use my stop watch (I've nearly always been a distance runner), or the built in stop watch in my phone.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin