Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,707   Online: 711

View Poll Results: do you like grain ?

Voters
115. You may not vote on this poll
  • yes

34 29.57%
  • no

11 9.57%
  • it depends

68 59.13%
  • i never gave it much thought

5 4.35%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    John - thanks for starting this thread. I am thoroughly "jacked" about everyone's input, ideas, and results. I have done a lot of D3200 at 1600 at 3200 but no further. Over the weekend I rated 2 D3200 rolls at 1000. Souped DDX for 6400. Contact printed them but have yet to enlarge to really see what I got. I am hoping to get real gritty results for this noir/crime series of my toys I am doing. I am still testing to see what process I want and what combo says it for me.

Thomas - I am inspired to try the Rodinal 1+25 semi-stand, too. Have never tried it before. Fabulous grain and range you got.

This is great feedback, everyone and thanks........ CHEERS.
    Last edited by VaryaV; 06-16-2009 at 12:25 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: add

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post

I...just don't care for how c41 grain enlarges. Looks too much like digital colour noise to my eye.

I think that might have been the words I was going for when I posted

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    ... and just don't care for how c41 grain enlarges. Looks too much like digital colour noise to my eye.
    Visit me when you are in the area and I will show you some 24" x 36" C-41 prints from 35mm. If you come up really close you will see C-41 that looks like grain and not digital color noise.

Drop by, I will serve drinks.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin