Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,500   Posts: 1,543,293   Online: 960

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought an egyptian cotton jacket 15 years ago made by Willis & Geiger (sp?) that was a great investment. It is waterproof, long sleeved that goes down to mid thigh. One of the best investments for shooting in cold weather I have ever made. It has enough pockets to carry anything I need. I believe it was made as a safari jacket. I don't think they are in business anymore though.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    These days, a photographer needs to wear an article of clothing equivalent of the "Get Out of Jail" card, maybe with a bulletproof vest underneath and a kevlar cover for his camera.
    Making records of everyday life in this rotten world has always been dangerous and a threat to those who want their subjects just sleepy sheep and selected archives for history.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by patrickjames View Post
    I bought an egyptian cotton jacket 15 years ago made by Willis & Geiger (sp?) that was a great investment. It is waterproof, long sleeved that goes down to mid thigh. One of the best investments for shooting in cold weather I have ever made. It has enough pockets to carry anything I need. I believe it was made as a safari jacket. I don't think they are in business anymore though.
    They sold out to/were bought by Land's End, then into the Sears/K-Mart quagmire.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Does it have a long narrow pocket for this?--

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...y_Limited.html
    Unbelievable. I like Gitzo products but with this $2500 tripod......well, they must think very, very highly of themselves.

(My signature quote does not pertain to this tripod, unless you're from Gitzo...perhaps.)

Marc

Shooter
    Medium Format
    As you already remarked, it is a prestige project for Gitzo. They simply can afford to produce such devices in small quantity.
    Guess why!

As with every higher end product, the price grows faster than the actual gain in terms of characteristic qualities (lightweightness, portabilty, sturdiness).
    However, the payload/own weight ratio is quite impressive with this thing. I just dont need it because my even lighter and smaller GT1550T is good enough for my TLRs.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    For me, what works best, if I don't want to use the Domke F-2, but I'm carrying a few items, is one of the Survival Utilikilts. The detachable cargo pockets are big enough to load a non-motorized Nikon F3 with a 50f1.4 Nikkor attached, or, if you want lens storage, a 135f2 would fit just fine in the pockets.

In fact, for a gig that I shot a few years ago, I had my FM2n in one pocket with the 50f1.4 attached, then a Vivitar 285HV in the other pocket, plus some other items. Worked quite well.

-J
    APUG: F4, F2AS, F, Nikomat FTn
    DPUG: D200
    Nikkors: 18-70/3.5-4.5G AF-S DX (f/D200), 24/2.8 AI, 50/1.4 AI, 85/1.8 K, 180/2.8 ED AIS, 300/4.5 ED AI

My FB - My flickr stream
    My SmugMug

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin