Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,796   Online: 947

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by John Koehrer View Post
    Now there's an idea. Where would you put the camera for best shock absorption?
    Right between the headlights.

The earlier mention of bicycle seats has me interested, though... I'd have to check, but maybe the slip-on gel seat covers would fit various camera models well enough...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by OldBikerPete View Post
    I tour with a BMW four-cylinder machine, so the vibes are higher frequency, lower amplitude than your hog. That said, I got a purpose-built tank bag and bought and trimmed a solid lump of medium density foam rubber to completely fill the bag then trimmed appropriate pockets out of that with a sharp knife. The camera and lenses were a neat fit in the pockets, so to allow the items to be removed and replaced easily I lines the pockets by gluing in some satin cloth.
    That combo survived several years of use for a Canon 35mm manual-focus camera and accessories.
    More extensive padding than I do, but I agree, I would think some location between the axles is better. At least that was the theory I've operated under.
    WYSIWYG - At least that's my goal.

Portfolio-http://apug.org/forums/portfolios.php?u=25518

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by spacer View Post
    Right between the headlights.

The earlier mention of bicycle seats has me interested, though... I'd have to check, but maybe the slip-on gel seat covers would fit various camera models well enough...
    Yep, that's what I had in mind, couldn't remember bicycle seat though. The pad looks like it's got a drawstring too. Made for cameras. Get some wholesale call it camera pocket and triple the price. You'll be rich in no time.
    Keep on gellin'
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin