Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,956   Posts: 1,522,906   Online: 1193

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    That's nothing a little duct tape and bailing wire won't cure.

I have a lot of three-ring binders, myself. They're not the greatest solution, but they're economical. There are various grades of clasps, some are more suited to the heavy weight of stuffed negative sleeves and are priced accordingly.

Another option is to stick the regular binders inside large Ziploc bags (they make some pretty impressive sizes these days). I do that with various items if I know it's going to get dusty or wet around them.
    If I knew where to get large ziploc bags to use for my big 3-ring binders, I would use them. Where are bags this big available?
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    If I knew where to get large ziploc bags to use for my big 3-ring binders, I would use them. Where are bags this big available?
    I get them in the grocery story in the tupperware/Ziploc section. They've got some that are large enough to easily hold a couple of small children.

We use them to store bunches of whole salmon, not small children, in the deep freeze.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bosaiya View Post
    I get them in the grocery story in the tupperware/Ziploc section. They've got some that are large enough to easily hold a couple of small children.

We use them to store bunches of whole salmon, not small children, in the deep freeze.
    I didn't realize that supermarkets had such large ones. I'll try to remember to take a look, the next time that I am grocery shopping.
    Charles Hohenstein

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use PrintFile pages (I like them because I can make contact sheets with them quite easily) and standard 2-3" D-ring binders. I should probably consider throwing something over them to keep out dust but so far I haven't had any issues.

I make standard 8x10 contact sheets and 3-hole punch them, too. Not elegant, but works. They are easy enough to replace if they get damaged, and so far they are lasting fine.

I use the same system for my slides.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chazzy View Post
    I didn't realize that supermarkets had such large ones. I'll try to remember to take a look, the next time that I am grocery shopping.
    I think they're relatively new. At least the local store first started carrying them a year or so ago. They're not cheap, but they're very useful and last a long time.

San Francisco, CA | Kuching, MY | Jakarta, ID
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I cannot recommend more the use of polyester fold-lock sleeves combined with either Printfile Ultima sleeves (they're made for the poly inserts) or archival envelopes in boxes. You lock the negative strip within a fold-lock strip and then slide *that* strip into a sleeve or place into an envelope. Do NOT slide a bare negative against or inside of "archival" sleeves without protection! Unless you're in a clean-room, you will end up with scratches.
    Stop worrying about grain, resolution, sharpness, and everything else that doesn't have a damn thing to do with substance.

http://www.flickr.com/kediwah

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin