Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,481   Posts: 1,542,703   Online: 883

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    For me it has been the other way around. I found an idea that I wanted to pursue and then looked for a camera that would best capture that idea. For two and a half years I have photographed the OH & Erie Canal and its environment in its evolution from trash heap of the 1940s-70s to recreational park and tourist playground of 2007-9. A Phillips 7x17 allowed me to capture the detail, shapes and perspective of the project.

John Powers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Well two, my 4x5 and my FE2.
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    35mm
    TLRs make you feel pretty creative.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Of my current film cameras, my OM1 and 35mm f2.8 combo seem to suit me best. I have an F100 with a 35mm f2 which feels almost as good but I sort of prefer the slower and more deliberate speed of working with a fully-manual, manual focus camera.

Of all the cameras I've ever owned, I think my favourite would be a Mamiya 7. Trading that camera was a mistake - I just used to get narked with it when trying to change film when it was mounted on the tripod. If I'd persevered with it and treated it like a bigger version of an M6, I'd probably still have it now.
    Paul Jenkin (a late developer...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I wouldn't say any one camera makes me feel particularly creative versus any other.

However, I definitely feel creative when I mount my 16mm f/2.8 fisheye to one of my Nikons. You have to be creative to get good images out of a fisheye! Perhaps that's one of the reasons I love this lens.
    Jim MacKenzie - Regina, Saskatchewan, Canada

A bunch of Nikons; Feds, Zorkis and a Kiev; Pentax 67-II (inherited from my deceased father-in-law); Bronica SQ-A; and a nice Shen Hao 4x5 field camera with 3 decent lenses that needs to be taken outside more. Oh, and as of mid-2012, one of those bodies we don't talk about here.

Favourite film: do I need to pick only one?

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    more than anything else... my 12x20 Folmer and Schwing. But more recently, my 8x10 camera has been amazingly inspiring.
    Nigel Tufnel: It's like, how much more black could this be? and the answer is none.
    None more black.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Generally, the larger the view finder/ground glass the more creative one gets.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Couldn't really give credit to any camera in particular; looking back at my best pictures (the ones that people liked and some bought) it is a variety of 35mm from Practika MTL3, Pentax ME to Nikon F100 then MF on Yashica D TLR and Hasselblad 500 C/M. I usually choose the camera based on the subject I want to approach. The subject steers my creative flows.
    Mihai Costea

"There's more to the picture
    Than meets the eye." - Neil Young

Galleries:My PN & My APUG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by naeroscatu View Post
    Couldn't really give credit to any camera in particular; looking back at my best pictures (the ones that people liked and some bought) it is a variety of 35mm from Practika MTL3, Pentax ME to Nikon F100 then MF on Yashica D TLR and Hasselblad 500 C/M. I usually choose the camera based on the subject I want to approach. The subject steers my creative flows.
    I agree, but as I posted before the smaller the viewfinder the more likely I will take more snapshots. The larger the viewfinder, the more likely I will be to really slow down and think about the exposure and the composition.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    mostly the graflex slr ( 4x5 )
    but century portrait camera (11x14 ) is a close second ...
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin