Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,008   Posts: 1,524,591   Online: 944

Page 13 of 44 FirstFirst ... 37891011121314151617181923 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    KEH has only fairly recently begun using USPS for Canadian destinations; they used to insist on UPS only. However many of us, myself included, have complained that UPS charges their usual exhorbitant "brokerage" fees, as if what they do is gold and what the postal services do is dirt. I'm pleased that they give the option of USPS and I don't mind the wait.
    Michael Robert Taylor
    Ottawa

I wish I'D said that.... Bartlett

http://www.apug.org/gallery1/browsei...imageuser=7358

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank Buddha for USPS even though it takes a bit longer to process.My first order was sent via UPS and the $$ charge at the door made my jaw drop.I don't mind waiting when I know the item will be superb.

Mike

Shooter
    35mm
    I buy a lot of stuff from e-bay and find that USPS from the us can take anywhere from a week, to a month, and distance is not a factor, - the last one that took a month was mailed from Vermont, which is within 2 hours communting distance from Montreal, and Montreal is a 3 hour sunday drive from me.

Shooter
    35mm
    This has been an interesting thread. Thanks to all of those that have shared their experiences with KEH.
    I've been looking at buying a black Olympus OM4Ti rated at BGN condition. I've only heard positive things about KEH, so was about to go through with the purchase. But reading this thread i've noticed several people have had bad experiences.
    I think i'm going to need to get a better desription from them based on more than a quick cosmetic assessment.
    Cheers

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I find when getting stuff shipped from the US of A via USPS it takes about 7-10 days to get to Oakville Ontario. I don't think it's a USPS issue as much as it's a Canada Revenue Agency issue with a backlog of packages sitting in customs warehouses. I have a gut feeling your camera/film/paper/photo widget races to the border in two days, then sits, and sits, and sits until CRA lets it go and Canada Post delivers.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    KEH will only ship orders via USPS for smaller dollar amounts. For larger amounts, they want to ship via courier, which I don't have a problem with. The thing to remember is that when using UPS to ship something to Canada, always (ALWAYS!) use the Worldwide Express service. it's a bit more expensive up front, but in the long run, you won't have any surprises at the door for any additional fees.
    Cheers!

-klm.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I doubt any of the delay AT KEH is because of the USPS failure to pick the stuff up. USPS will even pick up a package at a residence if you call them. If KEH either doesn't have the package ready to ship or it just sits on the table that's not the fault of the PO.
    I've shipped to Europe, Canada & Asia using the PO with no problems. Either using Priority Mail or Registered.
    I Used to work for the PO & they do have their problems but dollar for dollar I believe you come out ahead.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think in case of KEH, they have a deal with UPS and that's how they ship everything. USPS I guess became an option when enough of us foreigners got uppity due to UPS custom brokerage fees. Personally I am patient and I can wait for the post office to deliver.
    "Life moves pretty fast, if you don't stop and look around once and a while, you might just miss it."
    Ferris Bueller

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have bought a number of BGN items from them, all of them were great and some look and perform as new. Lenses, film backs, camera bodies.
    Ian L. Sitren
    SecondFocus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    just bought an EX nikkormat body and an EX nikkor lens from KEH.

spoke with rep on the phone and asked some question about their mechanical inspection process. he said that each camera was checked out mechanically with the shutter and light meter being tested on machines for functional accuracy. so, apparently the grading is more than cosmetics.

anyway, with the return policy and 60-day warranty, how can one go wrong? shipping w/ insurance was only $10.50.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin