Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,959   Posts: 1,632,331   Online: 843

Page 21 of 43 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought my FM2n from the States - not KEH though; and it took just over two weeks from supplier to my door & that included some transport downtime because of the recent snowy conditions. I paid £44 import-VAT-ParcelLine charges on top of the price I paid for the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokebloke View Post
    I bought my FM2n from the States - not KEH though; and it took just over two weeks from supplier to my door & that included some transport downtime because of the recent snowy conditions. I paid £44 import-VAT-ParcelLine charges on top of the price I paid for the camera.
    What percentage did that ad ?

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Ian.
    I wish you hadn't asked me that. I'd never thought about checking the %. It amounted to 25%, on top of the price [incl P&P], which made it a fairly costly item, but the camera was fully serviced. What annoyed me most was not the cost, or the time taken, but the fact that when the camera arrived it was packed in polystyrene particles [you know, the highly static ones :-(] with no body cap, or even any attempt to prevent particles or dust getting onto the mirror or the viewfinder. (a bit of cling-film with an elastic band would have done the trick, if the seller didn't want to part with an old body cap) Consequently I spent the first hour cleaning the internals of the camera, before I could even put a lens onto it, to check that it was OK.
    Fortunately, everything was fine & I'm now very pleased with the camera.

Jack

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ian,
    I've just checked. In round figures the Import Duty was £8; The VAT was 28; & the ParcelLine charge, for paying the customs duties, was £8. The camera cost [incl. P&P] was £174 Total almost £220.

Jack

Shooter
    35mm
    i really hope i will come earlier than 4 weeks

i also ordered a 50/1.4 AI'd from pacificrim and it left SAN FRANCISCO on 12 Feb from the USPS tracking system
    will post whenever they arrived
    hope the lens doesn't get caught though... i am nearly broke now
    due to my GAS

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The waiting for the goods to arrive is the worst bit of the whole on-line transaction business. [that & not knowing whether you are going to also get caught out on import duty] I've made a decision that I won't, unless absolutely imperative, buy Stateside again - the P&P charges are often exorbitant when compared with HK & there is the dreaded C&E duty on top of that too. I'll take my chances with this countries goods from now on whenever possible. :-)

J

Shooter
    35mm
    KEH is not the place to shop if you like your goodies quick. i gave up on them after a few 4-to-6 week deliveries (same side of the pond, too )

i am told they "ship on tuesdays"--i guess you may add a week to the estimate, if you placed the order on a tuesday night

Shooter
    35mm
    just got the letter from parcelforce
    the lens from pacificrim was 124.75USD included shipping,
    have to pay 12.71 + 8.00 sterling...

the F2s was shipped on 12 Feb... don't really know where it is at the moment...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Parcelforce has it then it is waiting for you to collect...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    If Parcelforce has it then it is waiting for you to collect...
    Not necessarily Bob. The bill can be paid, by the recipient, with a credit card, electronically, & they will deliver to the door, subject to a date/time nominated by the recipient.

PS: The UPS Tracking System is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe !!
    Last edited by Strokebloke; 02-25-2009 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Afterthought :)

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin