Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,826   Posts: 1,581,992   Online: 838

Page 21 of 44 FirstFirst ... 111516171819202122232425262731 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    oh...
    so i probably have to wait for a month...

they offer me FedEx, which is not track-able
    i asked them for USPS priority, but they said they dont process USPS as often as FedEx and concluded it won't be much faster, but a more expensive than what they suggested

is the import duty depends on the shipping method?
    i heard whatever from KEH will be caught for import tax...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The duty is on the item and the shipping, doesn't make a difference how it ships.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    When FedEx or who ever say 3 to 4 weeks they are giving themselves plenty of time.

Very few people complain about stuff being delivered ahead of schedule but most people complain fairly quickly about stuff being overdue.

It is highly unlikely you will have to wait 4 weeks – but it is possible.

It is far more likely that it takes 7 to 10 days.

FedEx don’t want your stuff, they want to be rid of it ASAP as it clogs up their system and they are liable for it while in their custody.

The greatest unknown with all international shipping is how soon it clears Customs.

Customs do not work weekends, so if stuff gets to the destination and is sorted, then it can easily be tripped up by the weekend period of inactivity.

Waiting for stuff to arrive, both nationally and internationally, is like waiting for the kettle to boil, the more desperate you are, the longer it seems to take.

Resign yourself to the 4 weeks of waiting but hopefully you should be pleasantly surprised.

Have fun with the new Camera

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought my FM2n from the States - not KEH though; and it took just over two weeks from supplier to my door & that included some transport downtime because of the recent snowy conditions. I paid £44 import-VAT-ParcelLine charges on top of the price I paid for the camera.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokebloke View Post
    I bought my FM2n from the States - not KEH though; and it took just over two weeks from supplier to my door & that included some transport downtime because of the recent snowy conditions. I paid £44 import-VAT-ParcelLine charges on top of the price I paid for the camera.
    What percentage did that ad ?

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Ian.
    I wish you hadn't asked me that. I'd never thought about checking the %. It amounted to 25%, on top of the price [incl P&P], which made it a fairly costly item, but the camera was fully serviced. What annoyed me most was not the cost, or the time taken, but the fact that when the camera arrived it was packed in polystyrene particles [you know, the highly static ones :-(] with no body cap, or even any attempt to prevent particles or dust getting onto the mirror or the viewfinder. (a bit of cling-film with an elastic band would have done the trick, if the seller didn't want to part with an old body cap) Consequently I spent the first hour cleaning the internals of the camera, before I could even put a lens onto it, to check that it was OK.
    Fortunately, everything was fine & I'm now very pleased with the camera.

Jack

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Ian,
    I've just checked. In round figures the Import Duty was £8; The VAT was 28; & the ParcelLine charge, for paying the customs duties, was £8. The camera cost [incl. P&P] was £174 Total almost £220.

Jack

Shooter
    35mm
    i really hope i will come earlier than 4 weeks

i also ordered a 50/1.4 AI'd from pacificrim and it left SAN FRANCISCO on 12 Feb from the USPS tracking system
    will post whenever they arrived
    hope the lens doesn't get caught though... i am nearly broke now
    due to my GAS

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    The waiting for the goods to arrive is the worst bit of the whole on-line transaction business. [that & not knowing whether you are going to also get caught out on import duty] I've made a decision that I won't, unless absolutely imperative, buy Stateside again - the P&P charges are often exorbitant when compared with HK & there is the dreaded C&E duty on top of that too. I'll take my chances with this countries goods from now on whenever possible. :-)

J

Shooter
    35mm
    KEH is not the place to shop if you like your goodies quick. i gave up on them after a few 4-to-6 week deliveries (same side of the pond, too )

i am told they "ship on tuesdays"--i guess you may add a week to the estimate, if you placed the order on a tuesday night

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin