Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,713   Posts: 1,483,018   Online: 675

Page 22 of 44 FirstFirst ... 121617181920212223242526272832 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    just got the letter from parcelforce
    the lens from pacificrim was 124.75USD included shipping,
    have to pay 12.71 + 8.00 sterling...

the F2s was shipped on 12 Feb... don't really know where it is at the moment...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If Parcelforce has it then it is waiting for you to collect...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob F. View Post
    If Parcelforce has it then it is waiting for you to collect...
    Not necessarily Bob. The bill can be paid, by the recipient, with a credit card, electronically, & they will deliver to the door, subject to a date/time nominated by the recipient.

PS: The UPS Tracking System is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe !!
    Last edited by Strokebloke; 02-25-2009 at 01:10 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Afterthought :)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Strokebloke View Post
    PS: The UPS Tracking System is about as much use as a handbrake on a canoe !!
    So's USPS's to, as I know from experience

Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    FedEx was good when I bought my Shen Hao from Badger. Tracked it from Badger to the local FedEx office, to the airport and in to UK customs, two delivery offices in the UK and on to the delivery van. 10 minutes after I signed for it, it was online as "Delivered". That was about four years ago. Interestingly, FedEx didn't require payment up-front for Duty, VAT and handling charge: they sent me an invoice a week later.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I have always found UPS & FedEx to be the very good - as was their respective tracking systems

USPS & Parcel Force were rubbish - almost as if they were doing me a favour by delivering it

Last year I was able to track by Ebony from Badger to my door step every step of the way - but had to pay the duty & fees before they would hand over the stuff (no suprise)

There is a reason you have to pay more to get UPS & FedEx for your courier - for me its a value thing - have I paid a lot of money out already, then the extra cost is peanuts

Things can and do go wrong with every courier but if you pay for a premium service you tend to get a better standard of customer interface

Martin

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Hi Crono.
    Have you got your camera from KEH yet?
    If so, are you pleased with it?
    The last post on this thread was Martin's on the 27th Feb.
    I've been watching to see your post to say that it's arrived.

Shooter
    35mm
    Hi guys,

have not forget to report it here
    i got it on Friday (so it is just more than 3 weeks), but have only opened the box this morning
    and it took me sometime to check it.

the import duty was 26 pounds

so the camera costed me 17x pounds
    i think i can still make some money if i want to sell it :P
    i am not going to do it of cos

BUT!!!
    there is a problem...
    i tried to mount a lens on, which is the 50 1.4 AI'd
    set the maximum aparture and check the window at the front
    that's all right, it shows 1.4
    but when i look into the viewfinder, it is 2.8!!!
    and all of the aparture readings shows in the viewfinder is 2 stops smaller than i set on the lens!!!

what can i do?!
    is there a simple way to fix it?
    i dont want to ship it back... sigh...

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Crono,
    surely what you see in the viewfinder is what is visible to the ADR. The camera can't determine what aperture setting you're using without the ADR, if it's a manual or even aperture priority body. On the lens, does the ADR ring readout coincide with the aperture setting? I've got one lens [admittedly a Vivitar] which has a whole selection of ADR readings, which is quite independent of the aperture ring. And this ADR ring has to be set to coincide with the aperture ring you're using at the time, because the ADR ring is on an adaptor.
    I might be misunderstanding what you're saying; or completely wrong, but as I understand it , the ADR viewer is merely a small port in the body above the lens mount which enables the figures on the lens to be seen as the light is allowed into the lens.

Pleased your camera arrived, by the way. and that you won't be out of pocket with it.

Shooter
    35mm
    no...
    it doesn't seem to be the problem of the ADR if i am not misunderstanding what you mean

the lens has 2 rings with aparture readings on it and both have no. from f1.4 to 16
    but the smallest aparture reading from the viewfinder is f32 when aparture is set on f16 on the lens

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin