Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 74,084   Posts: 1,635,697   Online: 1141

Page 27 of 43 FirstFirst ... 172122232425262728293031323337 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have purchased lots of stuff in bargain condition. Most have been far better than what I would have had any right to expect. Twice, once with a Pentax lens and once with an RB67 body for a backup, did I get something that was really as described. I also bought a Minolta flashmeter in Ugly and I am still using it. I would go as excellent from most folks on eBay and could not possibly be worse than bargain according to what I understand the KEH ratings to mean.

Krzys, I understand that bargain lenses are supposed to be optically without any fungus, but I agree that this is not clearly indicated in their grading description. Based on the fact that they do mention fungus and haze on their description of Ugly, I have decided that means no fungus for bargain. I could be wrong. Perhaps a call for clarification would be in order.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I also had bought bargain stuff from KEH that were in great shape.

Jeff

Shooter
    Large Format
    I've bought a few bgn items, all have been fine and working. The hasselblad kit was all bargain except for the waistlevel fnder (ln). My only issue was that the insert was dented in one spot but did not affect its operation or performace at all. I was happy then and i'm still happy now. I'll keep going back to them for as long as I can.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've not been that lucky with my one and only KEH purchase. The description was better than actual condition and I had to return it. International shipping was not refunded even though it clearly had been KEH's fault.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I need to buy a replacement for my 80mm as it is engulfed with fungus and am a bit weary of buying the bargain quality lens. Only the large shipping fee turns me off getting an EX+

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's our weekly I love KEH thread!

Mike

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've had one stuffup with them but it got quickly sorted out..... I find their delivery turnaround nothing short of breathtaking....5 days from Georgia to my door in melbourne, australia? Amazing! And their gradings are very conservative....I'd happily purchase a bargain from them anytime.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've had a few bad experiences with them. The last one was so bad that I've never gone back.

I greatly prefer to do business with Keeble& Shuchat (fairly local), Badgergraphic and the view camera store.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've gotten a couple of lemons from them, but they were both non-obvious, non-cosmetic problems that they wouldn't catch without thorough testing: A Konica Hexar with the usual intermittent shutter button and a Sunpak 322 flash with the not-uncommon full-power-at-all-settings problem. I ended up keeping both. The Hexar problem I considered an inevitable repair investment. The 322 I had a return approved and packed when I broke the foot off my other 322 and needed an instant parts source more than I needed my $15 back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Here's our weekly I love KEH thread!

Mike

Yup, it's back.....

But to the point, I have been happily surprised with "Bargain" grade.
    Yes, I do try to get higher grade, but that is not always possible, since the economy tanked.

Recently got a "Bargain" Hassy lens from them, can't find a thing wrong that in my book would make it a "Bargain" lens.

Shutter speeds are on target, aperture smooth as silk, as is focus, lettering clear and crisp. Ran a series of transparency films, great shots, no dust, tiny and I mean tiny speck of dirt in the lens, that had no effect what so ever on the resulting shot, anyway razor sharp lens. Any other place would rate this as Excellent!

Look, bottom line, if you don't like what you get, return it.
    I realize that if your not in the states, yes the postage is going to be steep, but that's true with any mail order place. Unless you can find a "brick and morter" shop, mail order/web based is whats left.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin