Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,706   Posts: 1,548,494   Online: 991

Page 28 of 44 FirstFirst ... 182223242526272829303132333438 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I need to buy a replacement for my 80mm as it is engulfed with fungus and am a bit weary of buying the bargain quality lens. Only the large shipping fee turns me off getting an EX+

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Here's our weekly I love KEH thread!

Mike

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've had one stuffup with them but it got quickly sorted out..... I find their delivery turnaround nothing short of breathtaking....5 days from Georgia to my door in melbourne, australia? Amazing! And their gradings are very conservative....I'd happily purchase a bargain from them anytime.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I've had a few bad experiences with them. The last one was so bad that I've never gone back.

I greatly prefer to do business with Keeble& Shuchat (fairly local), Badgergraphic and the view camera store.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    I've gotten a couple of lemons from them, but they were both non-obvious, non-cosmetic problems that they wouldn't catch without thorough testing: A Konica Hexar with the usual intermittent shutter button and a Sunpak 322 flash with the not-uncommon full-power-at-all-settings problem. I ended up keeping both. The Hexar problem I considered an inevitable repair investment. The 322 I had a return approved and packed when I broke the foot off my other 322 and needed an instant parts source more than I needed my $15 back.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mikebarger View Post
    Here's our weekly I love KEH thread!

Mike

Yup, it's back.....

But to the point, I have been happily surprised with "Bargain" grade.
    Yes, I do try to get higher grade, but that is not always possible, since the economy tanked.

Recently got a "Bargain" Hassy lens from them, can't find a thing wrong that in my book would make it a "Bargain" lens.

Shutter speeds are on target, aperture smooth as silk, as is focus, lettering clear and crisp. Ran a series of transparency films, great shots, no dust, tiny and I mean tiny speck of dirt in the lens, that had no effect what so ever on the resulting shot, anyway razor sharp lens. Any other place would rate this as Excellent!

Look, bottom line, if you don't like what you get, return it.
    I realize that if your not in the states, yes the postage is going to be steep, but that's true with any mail order place. Unless you can find a "brick and morter" shop, mail order/web based is whats left.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just got a message from KEH

Since there is a big price difference between EX and BGN the BGN one probably does show a lot of wear and possible external fungus

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    External fungus? Didn't realize there was such a thing!

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just more vagueness. It seems you should be weary if there is a large price gap between BGN and EX. Not so much a of bargain to me now....

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Many threads merged, title updated, and thread stuck, since this seems to be a very popular topic. I suspect that part of the reason we've had so many redundant and overlapping threads about KEH.com aside from its popularity, is that it doesn't seem possible to search on "keh" with the APUG search engine, though you can turn up many references in Google.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin