Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,930   Posts: 1,556,870   Online: 890

Page 32 of 44 FirstFirst ... 222627282930313233343536373842 ... LastLast

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Yes, I'm in the USA in South Texas. I'll update my profile in 12-15 hours... on my way to work now.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by aldevo View Post

But I have to admit with SIX straight returned items, I'm feeling just a bit unlucky...

I had the same experience trying to buy a Nikon FA body in EX condition. They kept sending me nice looking bodies that had some pretty serious mechanical problems....finally, they admitted that they only grade (35mm gear) on cosmetics!

What a bunch of shit! I'll never buy from them again.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    I bought a Mamiya RB67, one back and a waist level finder from Keh a week ago. Few days ago I sent an email asking for the tracking number. It took them 2 days (after sending 2 emails) to reply. The reply camera 30 minutes ago with the number. I checked the tracking and it says the package cleared customs in my country!!! Which means ill get the camera tomorrow. Im excited!
    Also, somewhere in the thread I read that clearing customs can even take a week or so. According to tracking, my camera cleared in just 15 minutes.

Pointless post, but i had to share my excitement!!
    Last edited by manfromh; 10-06-2009 at 04:18 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Brentwood, Contra Costa County, California, USA
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've always had good results with KEH, and have been pleasantly surprised when buying "bargain" rated equipment; the latest of such a purchase, a 35mm SLR 6 months ago, looks and performs like a new camera.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Quote Originally Posted by BradS View Post
    I had the same experience trying to buy a Nikon FA body in EX condition. They kept sending me nice looking bodies that had some pretty serious mechanical problems....finally, they admitted that they only grade (35mm gear) on cosmetics!

What a bunch of shit! I'll never buy from them again.
    you specify 35mm gear, do you think that MF and LF gear is rated with mechanics in mind?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Have bought two items from KEH - both BGN grade, so wasn't expecting too much.

However I must say I was extremely impressed with both items - an original EOS1 that has seen some work but is still working nicely and just last week, a 250mm lens for my GS1.

Both show some wear from usage, but the camera works perfectly and the lens is free of any serious marks that would effect the image. They were quick to follow up on my postage request - and I was pleasantly surprised they had some options for me, not just UPS and fairly priced.

In the past, I have refused to purchase from several large photo companies, simply because their shipping has been absolutely ridiculous; in one instance I wanted to purchase a $35.00 cover for my Pioneer lights and postage from the 3 stores I checked was going to cost me $95.00!! This item would be lucky to weigh 500g including packaging. Seems the practice of gouging OS customers for postage is alive and well for many of the larger stores - recession? what recession??

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I usually deal with dan also, great rep, keh is the best unless you want to sell them gear, then they will hurt your feelings, for ex. i bought a lens from them for my RB in bargain grade condition, when i got it i was like damn, i guess my entire rb kit is bargain grade, the lens looked as good as the rest of my kit, which i thought was pretty excellent. i would never hesitate to buy bargain grade from them, everything i have ever gotten from them in BG conditon, looked great and worked great. again keh is the best.
    "Why thats one of those old black and white cameras aint it?"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    keh is the best unless you want to sell them gear, then they will hurt your feelings
    I have only tried to sell them stuff once.
    I sent them a Minolta lens and a Vivitar 285 flash.
    They would not take the lens but gave me an amazing offer on the flash, way more than I thought it was worth.
    Funny thing is I sent the flash with the all the original box, instructions wide angle panel etc and they sent all that back?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rphenning View Post
    you specify 35mm gear, do you think that MF and LF gear is rated with mechanics in mind?
    I really doubt it. There have been some tales here about MF stuff as well as 35.
    The nice thing about LF is there's not much to go wrong that's not apparent. No idea what they do about LF lenses.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a BGN Nikon N90 about a month ago as my first film SLR for $35. It's practically an EX cosmetics wise except for the fact that parts of the back were really sticky(infamous N/F90 sticky back syndrome), and the camera works perfectly. Well electrical tape fixed the sticky back part, and now I'm happily shooting with my first 35mm SLR. Definitely going to order from them again.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin