Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,582   Posts: 1,622,124   Online: 845

Page 34 of 42 FirstFirst ... 2428293031323334353637383940 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They seem to be headed in the right direction, the old system of having the page reload every time you changed categories was a little outdated. Come on, Web 2.0 guys! Lots of flashy nonsense! AJAX! RSS feeds! Buzz words!

I look forward to being able to order stuff again, until then I'll just have to feed my GAS via local sources.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can always order by phone.

I have done so a few times as it is the only way they accept Paypal for payment.
    I use my Paypal pennies to by more goodies.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KEH added a really dangerious new feature: The Wish List

Now I can assemble entire systems and evaluate the total cost of each. Before I had to write everything down on paper - that was so 1985.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry06GT View Post
    KEH added a really dangerious new feature: The Wish List
    Now, if Freestyle will follow suit, my online photo shopping world will be complete.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The new KEH web site; uh huh.

Well, the new print size describing the items is smaller now, and it does take longer to read through their listings. I did find that something almost equal to their former category list is still there. At least that part looked familiar.

The system does seem to be slower than it was.

There were some surprises in a couple of places. It may take a time for it to be sorted out, such as British Columbia not being recognized as a "state" (well, actually, it is a province) of Canada. It does seem that a new computer or system will have its teething problems. At least, that is what I keep telling myself as I continue trying to work with the new computer that was bought when the old hard disk in the old computer died without warning. (Tip of the day: Make backups, guys.)
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like the new site, but does anyone else find that it is (still) painfully slow? Personally, I find slow websites very distracting when I am trying to shop for something, especially if I want to open several items and compare them. With servers and bandwidth so cheap these days I cannot understand how any E-commerce site could be "slow".

I would also hoped for a "sort by price" option as well.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This is getting out of hand!! KEH shopping cart has been down for a week!
    ------------------------------------
    -Joe
    RB67, ETR, ETRS, F4, F5, FM3a, A1, AE1,
    Bronica-S, Mamiya-7, Yashica TLR, & many many Range finders
    ------------------------------------

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I just ordered some new equipment from them last night. It was a terrible experience. Lost my cart twice. Finally I figured out that the wish list survives the session timeouts that happen even when you are refreshing pages avery 30 seconds or so. As someone who programs websites for a living I have to say they got most of the navigation wrong. Quite a shame as I really like KEH. I hope they get the programmer to improve it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    The old site was badly designed and performance was very poor. It looks like the underlying schema of the new site hasn't changed much and the performance is still very poor. The new features would be welcome, but many are broken or behave incorrectly -- I have had stuff added to my cart that I didn't put there, and valid credit cards marked as expired. Attempting to checkout has returned a server error for almost a week, so it didn't
    matter ...

Bottom line: I have been a loyal customer for years, but KEH gets a failing grade for failing to acknowledge these problems on the home page, not providing a mechanism for reporting and tracking problems, and forcing web site users to do their product testing. Going back to ordering by phone would be a giant step backwards.

Quote Originally Posted by L Gebhardt View Post
    I just ordered some new equipment from them last night. It was a terrible experience. Lost my cart twice. Finally I figured out that the wish list survives the session timeouts that happen even when you are refreshing pages avery 30 seconds or so. As someone who programs websites for a living I have to say they got most of the navigation wrong. Quite a shame as I really like KEH. I hope they get the programmer to improve it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Now, if Freestyle will follow suit, my online photo shopping world will be complete.
    Oh, I know...3 weeks time in the cart before deletion is not enough...I never want my Freestyle cart/wish list to be empty, haha.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin