Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,854   Posts: 1,582,922   Online: 996

Page 35 of 44 FirstFirst ... 2529303132333435363738394041 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    I had to call in my order today as the website took me all the way to the submit button then acted like my wife and put me on ignore! The salesperson said they were having "some software" problem. It took 5 minutes to OK my order ----

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by flash26c View Post
    I had to call in my order today as the website took me all the way to the submit button then acted like my wife and put me on ignore!

I had been working with a design group on a project to fix a major engineering problem. I had made a number of very good, practical suggests and had submitted redesigns and work-around over a period of many months. Everything I presented was ignored. Then one day I said, "If I wanted my concepts and ideas ignored, I would have stayed married." The room got deathly silent for a few minutes. By the end of the meeting, my design was accepted with minor modifications.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I noticed that Badger Graphic has a new design too. Still works though!

Hopefully, the new KEH site will not suck as much as the old one did...hopefully, it will not be like the MPEX site which went from not too bad to really, really terrible.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    They seem to be headed in the right direction, the old system of having the page reload every time you changed categories was a little outdated. Come on, Web 2.0 guys! Lots of flashy nonsense! AJAX! RSS feeds! Buzz words!

I look forward to being able to order stuff again, until then I'll just have to feed my GAS via local sources.
    The Analogue Laboratory, or 'so you built a darkroom in an old factory in the industrial zone'.
    Blog thing!.

Worry less. Photograph more.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    You can always order by phone.

I have done so a few times as it is the only way they accept Paypal for payment.
    I use my Paypal pennies to by more goodies.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    KEH added a really dangerious new feature: The Wish List

Now I can assemble entire systems and evaluate the total cost of each. Before I had to write everything down on paper - that was so 1985.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry06GT View Post
    KEH added a really dangerious new feature: The Wish List
    Now, if Freestyle will follow suit, my online photo shopping world will be complete.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by DLawson View Post
    Now, if Freestyle will follow suit, my online photo shopping world will be complete.
    Reading that made my GAS so bad that I had to take another Prilosec.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The new KEH web site; uh huh.

Well, the new print size describing the items is smaller now, and it does take longer to read through their listings. I did find that something almost equal to their former category list is still there. At least that part looked familiar.

The system does seem to be slower than it was.

There were some surprises in a couple of places. It may take a time for it to be sorted out, such as British Columbia not being recognized as a "state" (well, actually, it is a province) of Canada. It does seem that a new computer or system will have its teething problems. At least, that is what I keep telling myself as I continue trying to work with the new computer that was bought when the old hard disk in the old computer died without warning. (Tip of the day: Make backups, guys.)
    Enjoy;

Ralph Javins, Latte Land, Washington

When they ask you; "How many Mega Pixels you got in your camera?"
    just tell them; "I use activated silver bromide crystals tor my image storage media."

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I like the new site, but does anyone else find that it is (still) painfully slow? Personally, I find slow websites very distracting when I am trying to shop for something, especially if I want to open several items and compare them. With servers and bandwidth so cheap these days I cannot understand how any E-commerce site could be "slow".

I would also hoped for a "sort by price" option as well.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin