Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,678   Posts: 1,482,115   Online: 929

Page 40 of 44 FirstFirst ... 303435363738394041424344 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by wclavey View Post
    I recently purchased something from them - - it was one of the rare instances with them when there was a problem on arrival (they took it back, credited the price & the shipping both ways, etc - - very good to work with...). But while I was talking to one of their staff, she told me that using the online system is OK for checking normal product availability but that the customer service folks generally recommend calling up to verify final availability and to place the actual order. In the end, there are fewer problems doing that. So that's what I have done for my subsequent orders. If it reduces the likelihood of problems, I'll take that extra step.
    That is what I do.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Two more threads merged into the big KEH thread.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yea!!!!!!!

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I'd consolidate even more of them, but it seems that the APUG search engine, which makes it easy to merge a large group of threads, doesn't like to search on three-letter words. I can find them using another tool available to the moderators, but that method isn't connected to the process of merging threads, so they would have to be merged one at a time, which is tedious. There must be six or eight old threads with the title "KEH," and maybe around thirty miscellaneous unmerged threads out there about KEH, four or five of them about problems with the website over the years.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David A. Goldfarb View Post
    Two more threads merged into the big KEH thread.
    Thanks, that was quick!

It is just not APUG without a new KEH thread every week.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    35mm
    Further to my last post re the problems with the KEH website I do have some news, some good, some not so good. To get the bad over with first, no the site is still not fixed. The good is that I did finally hear from Todd who was very sympathetic and put me onto the KEH eBay store which is called "kehoutlet". They've still got their heads under the hood trying to fix the problem. But wait! there's more! Fortunately I still had the email address of the salesperson who has helped me before (Tim Smith) and he has kindly offered to put my order through manually so it looks like I will get my Bronica lens after all. Needless to say they are all fed up with the mess the IT guys have made of the site. Anyway, the good old KEH service we have all come to appreciate is still there - once we reach it.

Shooter
    35mm
    I bought a few items from KEH, starting in 2004, mostly film related items. Below is a Canon AE-1 that was listed as "bargin" condition I think for $125. Came with the 50mm f/1.4 and was just what I was looking for. Not a great photo but it's in very good condition and don't think there any brassing or serious scratches.

I never thought about calling to view the items before but I did make a mistake in my purchase and they were very helpful to give me a refund. I saw a Sigma 14mm f/3.5 Canon EOS mount lens for $140 "bargin" rated. Just was looking for a Canon 15mm f/2.8 and this was a great price! Turns out after making the purchase I found that the lens is only working on the film cameras and not the digital cameras. Called to KEH and they said no problem, also offered to help with issues like this in the future. The lens was clearly used but still looked clean and didn't have any major issues.

My only problem is that they use generic item photos and sometimes vague descriptions. I like to see a showcase of some select cameras and multiple views, just to see what their standard ratings really look like. But so far, I'll agree with everyone else, they rate much higher than other shops.

Just this week I made another order for my first medium format camera, a complete outfit and it was rated "excellent" I'll find out how it is next week.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I've been a KEH customer for years and have always been 100% satisfied. My only issue with KEH is occasional slow shipping and the price of Bronica gear seems to be going up :-( But they are still cheaper than most with a strict grading system the benefits the buyer all the time.
    ------------------------------------
    -Joe
    RB67, ETR, ETRS, F4, F5, FM3a, A1, AE1,
    Bronica-S, Mamiya-7, Yashica TLR, & many many Range finders
    ------------------------------------

Shooter
    35mm
    I've bought a number of things from KEH recently. Couldn't be happier with the items. The best buy was a "BGN" Nikon N90s. Originally priced at $39.00, marked down to $29.00. I ordered it online. Wasn't expecting much, but knew that they usually rated their products very conservatively. I got the camera packed very well. When I unpacked it I was shocked. It looked like brand new. On very careful inspection, I found a couple of smudges on the rubberized coating on the back, and a couple very tiny nicks on the prism. It was very clean. If I were to venture a guess, I would say it was a display model in a good camera shop, not a big box store.

Today I took it out and ran a roll of film through it, just to test it out. Seems to work perfectly. No issue at all.

Very Happy. I just have to keep myself off of their website!!!! Even at their prices, one could easily go overboard.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Does anyone know if KEH shutter tests their cameras before selling them? When I emailed customer service, i couldn't get a straight answer out of them.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin