Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 76,270   Posts: 1,680,926   Online: 1016

Page 43 of 43 FirstFirst ... 3337383940414243

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I can't speak highly enough about KEH. I just looked at my account, and in the last year I've bought 45 items (11 order) online, and another ~20 items/3 orders over the phone. So about 65+/- items.

I have bought every grade they have, including UG and AS-IS. Of all those 65 items, I've had to send back one item, as it had very oily blades. They serviced it, and I had it back within 7 days.

The reps (Greco, Arthur, and others) are always a pleasure to work with.

Hmm.... the old vs new website. Yeah, I liked the old one better, but honestly, I've gotten used to the new one. Still like the old one better, but hey, I still find what I want/need, and that's all that matters. If you aren't keen on the site, it's no problem to call them and ask if they have something.

Just adding my 2 cents.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris G View Post
    when I plugged my MV-1 into it, I saw that it had only seen 10 rolls of 24 exposure film. The camera had only 240 +/- shutter actuations on it.
    Or 6 36-exposure rolls and one 24.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Unfortunately, in the past 2 years or so I haven't had good luck with them. I've received gear that was supposed to be EX and looked worse than some BGN stuff I've got from them. I've received bodies that had issues-don't they check this stuff?? I've received the wrong item. Tomorrow I will send back a Tokina 35-200 that was supposed to be Minolta MD mount but is Yashica/Contax mount. They have an excellent return/exchange policy and good prices. If you don't mind playing the return/exchange game with them.
    Bill

Pentax's 645, ME Super, Spotmatic II
    Kiev 4,
    Praktica LB,
    Minoltas SRT 102, SRT 202
    Canons A1, EF, TX, FT QL
    many Nikons-F2 eye level F2AS N90s, F4E, N2000, N6000, N6006, Nikomat FTN, N5005

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by f/16 View Post
    Unfortunately, in the past 2 years or so I haven't had good luck with them. I've received gear that was supposed to be EX and looked worse than some BGN stuff I've got from them. I've received bodies that had issues-don't they check this stuff?? I've received the wrong item. Tomorrow I will send back a Tokina 35-200 that was supposed to be Minolta MD mount but is Yashica/Contax mount. They have an excellent return/exchange policy and good prices. If you don't mind playing the return/exchange game with them.
    Their mistake so they pay all shipping?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Their mistake so they pay all shipping?

Yes they do but it's hard to believe how many times it happens. Maybe I just have a string of bad luck with them.
    Bill

Pentax's 645, ME Super, Spotmatic II
    Kiev 4,
    Praktica LB,
    Minoltas SRT 102, SRT 202
    Canons A1, EF, TX, FT QL
    many Nikons-F2 eye level F2AS N90s, F4E, N2000, N6000, N6006, Nikomat FTN, N5005

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I recently sent KEH an email outlining some problems I'd had with their web site design, and their quality control, and just now got this response:

Good morning,

Thank you for taking the time to contact us with your concerns. Both issues noted below (the website and quality control) are currently being updated at KEH. Our new website should launch by the end of the month and our quality control standards have recently been tightened up with additional training in our technical department. Hopefully both of these developments will make for a better shopping experience for you.

Please let me know if I may be of any further assistance.

https://www.keh.com/public/images/logo-rev-642d020.png
    KEH Sales Support
    sales@keh.com
    (770) 333-4200
    4900 Highlands Parkway | Smyrna, GA

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sent: Sunday, July 12, 2015 3:38 PM
    To: KEH Sales
    Subject: Website Feedback - grhazelton2@hotmail.com

I have been buying from KEH for about 20 years, generally with satisfaction. I wish to comment on your new website format. While it is attractive, I find it far less user-friendly than the old format. For example, I just tried to find 82mm filters. The new site sorts them by maker. This seems to mean that I need to scan every MAKER to locate 82mm filters. I would wager that most of us are less interested in an exclusively Hoya assortment of filters than in being able to locate rapidly ALL filters of a specific size, and then we could select which maker we want. A sort routine for size as well as maker would solve the problem. On the old site as I recall a search for Pentax manual focus 35mm cameras would bring up, for example, the LX, and had a link for accessories - winders, etc. Very handy. My last order, for a Pentax flash, listed it as Ex and with a case. The flash arrived and had Velcro strips around the flash head, and the 15 degree tilt switch trim was loose and a washer was adrift. To me this is NOT an Ex item! It was exchanged at no cost to me, but several days of lost time. This should have been caught by your inspectors and/or noted on the item description. I hope you will heed user comments, and tighten your quality control back to its prior exemplary level. Sincerely, George Hazelton

Let's hope that the new, new website is an improvement, and that the company finds its way back to its prior excellence.
    This email is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and in no way are to be considered flaws.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Good news. I cannot believe it could be worse. Cannot stand the new KEH web design. Whoever did it should be fired.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Richard Sintchak (rich815) View Post
    Good news. I cannot believe it could be worse. Cannot stand the new KEH web design. Whoever did it should be fired.

Those who design websites - and instruction manuals - should have a "naive" user try out the product before going public. HeathKit, of late, lamented memory, when developing a new product, would have someone who'd never built a kit serve as a beta tester. If they had no problems, the kit was ready. As a result the two color TV HeathKits I built presented NO confusion or problems. Good sets, too.
    This email is a natural hand-made product. The slight variations in spelling and grammar enhance its individual character and in no way are to be considered flaws.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Interesting. I'd received a response to my feedback July 2014 when the new site design went up, and it basically promised the new site would be a better experience. I eventually gave up.
    Last edited by Truzi; 07-13-2015 at 02:52 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Truzi

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Well, good. I hope it improves. I have found that the site is navigable, but it takes time to figure it out. The prior one was much simpler. There are some more options with the new site, but to me it's like having to scroll through menus on a camera to do what you want instead of turning a dial or pressing a button. I'd rather have fewer options but the ones I have be more direct.
    I do use a digital device in my photographic pursuits when necessary.
    When someone rags on me for using film, I use a middle digit, upraised.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin