Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,543   Online: 1011

Page 6 of 44 FirstFirst 12345678910111216 ... LastLast
    CBG

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by David H. Bebbington View Post
    ...While not wishing to drag this subject out for very much longer ...
    Sure.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by CBG View Post
    Sure.
    I leave the last word to Her Majesty The Queen:

http://www.glasgow.gov.uk/en/Busines...onsact1968.htm

Try selling her a duff Leica!

Shooter
    Pinhole
    I made one on-line order so far with KEH (RB67 6x4,5 back wanted for an RB67 plain) . Then I sent them a bunch of worried emails about only shippign if it would work with the 'plain' RB.

I think it was a bargain or UG and only $34.

While I didn't get a response, it arrived quickly, was in fine condition - I can't even recall seeing anything wrong with it.

It was described as not having a viewfinder mask - I don't even know what that is, so I didn't miss it.

It is apparently for the RB67 Pro or Pro S as it has the dark slide interlock (I wasn't expecting that feature).

So I was very happy, usually bargain hunting, and have had alot of flaky descriptions on eBay.

Admittedly, I didn't gamble much, but I got something much better than I expected.
    Murray

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    David,

The phone is a righteous tool.

Here's how it works -- You call the folks up and say, "I saw that you have a lens that I want -- what can you tell me about it?" Whilst you have them on the phone ask them how they inspect the items. If they can't tell you about the item, although they may need to get back to you, or if they don't inspect the goods in any meaningful way then some of your points may be justified. Until you ask you cannot know, but then again... You have extrapolated KEH's business model from a select group of anecdotes (ignoring those that differ) and have continued on to guess that there is a dearth of consumer protections here in north America. Your reach is impressive.

I would think for you the show stopper would be postage and long delays, and that you'd find it far more convenient to buy and return locally.

It may be that we who buy from KEH are all very stupid. Be that as it may, having bought from them I cannot help but beleive that I have a better understanding of how they do business than you. I will grant you this, anyone who would be wiling to pay as much or more on ebay for a product available on KEH is my kind of ebay shopper.
    Last edited by jd callow; 03-24-2008 at 01:33 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Images
    So, david has made wide, sweeping, unsubstantiated assuming statements over not seeing a picture on the net. Never dealt with the company. Never spoke to them. Yet still an expert on the situation. Hmmm....
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    (if it had, the rest of the camera would surely look really beaten up), quite possibly a previous owner had hands like a gorilla and forced the wind lever hard against its stop, bending some gear teeth.

Regards,

David
    Use a half-a case & you don't have wear and you DO NOT bend gear teeth in a Leica. No matter how ham handed you are.
    Heavily sedated for your protection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    my favorite is buying something in "bargain" condition ..
    getting it in the mail 2 days later, and learning that it
    is NEW IN BOX // never used -- sure is a bargain
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by mark View Post
    So, david has made wide, sweeping, unsubstantiated assuming statements over not seeing a picture on the net. Never dealt with the company. Never spoke to them. Yet still an expert on the situation. Hmmm....
    Mark, John and others - I have an opinion about a certain camera dealer, gained from reading others' experience and from viewing the dealer's website, and measuring these impressions against my own expectations and experience from nearly 50 years of camera buying.

My opinion is not the same as yours.

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Mark, John and others - I have an opinion about a certain camera dealer, gained from reading others' experience and from viewing the dealer's website, and measuring these impressions against my own expectations and experience from nearly 50 years of camera buying.

My opinion is not the same as yours.

GET OVER IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    David,
    What are we to get over? That you will have the last word, that we are expected to ignore the holes in your logic? To be honest David your whole line of argument is insulting. You insinuate that we who shop KEH lack your sophistication, you take the most slanted view of the situation and then use it to take swipes at all things not bebbington. I apologize for being rude, but you need to get over your self. It isn't your opinion that motivates my responce.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have brought lenses and cameras from KEH. I look on the website first and then call them. They get the equipment from off the shelf and describe it to me. One Hasselblad lenses I had questions about, the sales person sent out to be checked and apolagized that it would take a day to get the answer! When I called the next day and the lenses was checked out I brought the EX lens. Bel Air Camera and Samys both said that then lens was in mint condition.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin