Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,301   Posts: 1,536,126   Online: 835

Page 1 of 44 123456711 ... LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Buying Equipment from KEH

I bought a nikon 105 micro f/2.8 AF lens from KEH. I paid less than the lens has sold for on ebay (using the completed auction search) and the lens is immaculate. Service was excellent (Arthur was my cust rep), packaging was fine and dandy and the lens arrived right on time. In as much as we all tend to look at ebay first, you might be surprised if you compare it to KEH. When it is important (this lens was bought for a job shooting rare books, sheet music and maps) and you can't swing new, KEH is an excellent choice.

Next up my amazing copy stand story

Images
    Fully agree.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Just to add my kudos to KEH (again)... I just received a body case and strap for my Rolleiflex 3.5f in excellent condition... for less than the cost of what the scissors strap alone is going for on ebay these days.

I have had nothing but excellent experiences with them.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Getting it shipped to Canada is not a problem, nor is there a needless mark-up.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I normally deal with Dan O and he is just fantastic.

In case you did not know, KEH is now offering Mack Warranties with all used cameras.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What is a Mack warranty?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jd callow View Post
    ...In as much as we all tend to look at ebay first, you might be surprised if you compare it to KEH...
    I totally agree. I don't even look at ebay anymore for camera gear since I discovered KEH.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    What is a Mack warranty?
    I think Mack is just a brand name for a warranty re-seller. You know, kind of like going to Future Shop, buying a TV and then paying for the extended warranty, which is actually a kind of "insurance" company operation playing the odds against you ever remembering where you bought it in the first place.

Maybe I'm wrong
    "While you're out there smashing the state, don't forget to keep a smile on your lips and a song in your heart!"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Somehow, particularly given the hugh postage cost between the US and Europe, I can't bring myself to take the plunge with KEH.

Consider this:
    http://www.keh.com/OnLineStore/Produ...&GBC=&GCC=&KW=
    KEH has used the same stock picture for 3 different cameras ranging in price from a $616 BGN to an $818 EX example and has also used another single picture for several cameras elsewhere. They do not describe individual cameras at all, except by grade, which fans say is very conservative but is also very vague - for example, "May have small dings, pecks and slight finish wear. Glass may have some dust, but no marks." Does it or doesn't it? If the seller doesn't know, is it because he can't recognise defects on cameras, or can he just not be bothered to look? I appreciate that KEH has its fans among APUGers, but the message from its website for me is "Here's a camera, it's cheap, so don't be fussy, just give me your money and f*** off."

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    David, I was looking in to a Zone VI 4x5 a few months ago and after getting in touch with one of their customer service reps we talked for a bit and then he had them pull the item in question from their warehouse so he could describe the exact camera to me, and email pictures. It takes a few days for the item to make it from warehouse to the sales rep but they are willing to show you the specific item if you ask.

- Justin

Page 1 of 44 123456711 ... LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin