Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,571   Posts: 1,545,548   Online: 1115

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Super8 Motion Picture stuff

I just lucked into a very clean Bolex 155 MacroZoom (for $10 !), and I'd like to get some tips on how to work with the thing. I've shot video before, but I know that's a rather different experience (the camera is a different size, the medium itself is different, and so on). Are there any other Super8 shooters out here? Good sources for film and processing would be my first two needs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Spectra in LA have a good reputation for stock, processing & telecine. I've used them but I'm in Sydney so it's a bit awkward. The super 8 section of the forums at cinematography.com has a lot of useful info.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    35mm

Bolex 155 Macrozoom

Quote Originally Posted by TheFlyingCamera View Post
    I just lucked into a very clean Bolex 155 MacroZoom (for $10 !), and I'd like to get some tips on how to work with the thing.
    A beautiful camera. I'm sure others will have film supply and processing tips, I have memories of selling this camera. Other companies were pushing longer zooms but Bolex only had this 8-30-mm lens. The key word here is Macrozoom.
    In one of the demo films I saw the scene started with ultra closeup of some sort of grass then the 'FOCUS POINT' slowly moved out through the grass over water and touching whatever was in the field. I forget what the end was but it was a WOW moment.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks for all the feedback, folks. I'm off to try and get some batteries for the meter in the thing and give it a whirl. Anyone have any good sources for the replacements for PX-13 batteries?

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin