Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,815   Posts: 1,581,622   Online: 760

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Anybody else always feel compelled to shoot in colour during the spring/early summer, even though a black & white fan most of the time? I guess it's because "the greens of summer" is for Kodachrome after the nasty winters we get here in central Canada. I haven't actually used Kodachrome for years, but this year, I plan to use it while we still have it. You never know what Kodak might do these days.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    I tend to get that itch to shoot color in the fall, except for bird photos, which I shoot in color year round.
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Images
    Kodachrome
    Give us those nice bright colors
    Give us the greens of summers
    Makes you think all the world's a sunny day, oh yeah
    I got a Nikon camera
    I love to take a photograph
    So mama don't take my Kodachrome away
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    "...and everything looks worse in black & white..."

At least that's what the song says

Yes, for most people Fall brings out the color film. But for me there's nothing like the light spring greens and blossoming trees to break out the color film.

Images
    I have the concert in the park album and in the live performance Simon changed those lyrics to "_better_ in black & white". I guess he caved in to pressure from irate B&W photographers. :x
    =Neal W.=

Images
    As I look out the window at grey snow, grey sky, grey trees, grey streets it's no wonder that people start itching to celebrate the return of colors in the spring.
    =Neal W.=

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Well, I'm glad to know I'm not the only one who feels this way. Spring is not too far away, but I can't wait.

I guess I'm the opposite of most people though. I find the Fall is well-suited to B&W. I always have. It seems just the thing for when there are leaves on the ground. Of course, I do have colour-deficient vision, so that may play a role. I see colours, but many of them just look like different shades of the same colour. But even so, there's nothing like the bright greens of new vegetation popping out.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    The last couple of years I've been loading IR film in the spring and colour in the fall (although there's nothing like spring wildflowers for colour). I like to head north of you Pierre to the Ottawa Valley for fall colour but I never seem to get the colour film out when I get around all the old cedar log cabins and barns scatterd through that area. It seems perfect for B&W.
    Brian McDowell

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin