Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,982   Posts: 1,523,877   Online: 1069

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Pinhole exposure calculator

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Darko: check your email.

JD: cheers - didn't think of bracketing. Exposure timer is a good idea. Colour meter... am pondering that for screen-calibration purposes but I don't think the phone will have the accuracy, though I'll look into it. DOF calculators are already free on the app store, though I don't think any of them will do the adjustments necessary when using tilt - might build that into an LF calculator later.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    There is an exposure meter (called light meter) but I haven't played with it too much. Seems ok though.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If the application could port the data seamlessly into negative/slide/print data archiving software, it might convince me to get an iPhone.

Oh and by the way, an interface with calendaring and contact software would be great as well.

Matt

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    MattKing: did you have any particular neg/slide/print archiving software in mind? And what purpose the calendar/contact integration?

Shooter
    Multi Format

platform

Good on you for spending your time in such a productive manner. I've spent a bunch of time over the last few days looking for aps that will help ease me into lf. Just downloaded photobuddy which seems to have at least a few useful features but their sister program, a light meter, only works with the 3gs. So, my request for the app is that it be fully functional, ar at least that there be a version that operates on the older 3G phone.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Yeah it'd have to work with 3G as that is what I have There might be a hardware limitation or something though as the 3GS camera is a lot better than the 3G one. Might be that there is no exposure information (EXIF type stuff) from the older camera so no way to meter. We'll see.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    D of F calculator for various formats that lets you manually enter a circle of confusion if desired would be useful.

I don't have an I-Phone, however...
    2F/2F

"Truth and love are my law and worship. Form and conscience are my manifestation and guide. Nature and peace are my shelter and companions. Order is my attitude. Beauty and perfection are my attack."

- Rob Tyner (1944 - 1991)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by polyglot View Post
    MattKing: did you have any particular neg/slide/print archiving software in mind? And what purpose the calendar/contact integration?
    Polyglot:

With respect to your first question, just something easily accessible and flexible. Others will have a much better knowledge of what might be available than I do. What I do care about is that you don't want two, incompatible systems that require duplicated data entry, different modes of data entry, and duplicate and/or inconsistent searches

With respect to the calendar/contact integration question, I bring it up because photographs often correspond with schedules and people, so it is really irritating to have to store information about times and dates and people that relate to photographs in a different location and in a different way than the information you store about other, non-photographic times and dates and people.

Matt

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    how about a quick port of BTZS to iphone . the Basic program was published/distributed freely by phil Davis.
    Miles :
    cherish light

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin