Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,901   Posts: 1,584,485   Online: 1000

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    AgX

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Reading this all I realize how oldfashioned I am.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    what I would love to see if you do some kind of log-book app (in addition to what all the others said) is the possibility to take a snapshot of the szene and have a thumbnail attached to the log entries. would really speed up finding the data to a specific negative.

bellows correction factor would be nice to have too! oh, and id like to see a bubble level integrated :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now if we could get the next version of the iPhone to have an actual light meter in it that would be gravy. And a color temp. meter too, I still have a Gossen Sixty Color, but don't use it that much.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Curt, there is an existing light meter application for the 3GS models at £1.79.
    This said, I don't have it myself.

I like the idea of the log book as suggested by "thafred". Also, a table with the filter correction factor would be nice, I can never remember mine.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    thafred: yep, logbook definitely has plans for cam-phone thumbnails in it. Bubble-level is a good idea - there are free apps that do that but I can certainly integrate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    How about a color meter?
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Hmm, I took some mild ridicule here a while back for suggesting that a cell phone with camera could make a nice meter with built-in reciprocity tables and so forth. Now we can buy it already?!
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    EASmithV: I'm considering it, but it would probably be very difficult or impossible to calibrate. In particular, there is no guarantee that Apple uses the same camera chips in all phones, so their spectral sensitivity may vary. It might be possible to calibrate each against a Gretag-Macbeth chart though.

You can buy a simple meter app already. I hope to be selling a couple of apps with all the bells & whistles soon, but I haven't got the development environment working just yet. Once the applications are getting near to being available, I will be sure to let y'all know.

Don't ever take ridicule for claiming that something could or ought to be done. Unless it's perpetual motion

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I don't have an iPhone, but I have a technical question. If Apple doesn't approve your apps can you still install them without jailbreaking the phone?

Lee

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can install nothing even on your own phone without paying the $99 for a developer key. I'm pretty sure that allows you to test any of your own code on your phone. Approval is for putting stuff on the App Store - if denied, then no one will see the app except for you. This sort of photography-related thing is not what Apple gets antsy about though.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin