Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,547   Online: 1002

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Images
    Good for you... go Diane! I'll be watching.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Am nearly finished (!) a project on a ruined Modernist building in Scotland.

It's a former Catholic Seminary, is supposedly protected by Grade 1 Listed status (the highest) and is now on the World Monument Fund as one of the most endangered significant buildings in the world. Despite all this, it's falling down and has been extensively vandalised.

See:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/artanddesi...re.communities

http://wmf.org/watch2008/watch.php?id=S8404

Cheers,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Like Diane, I'm working on the whole plate book project. I'm doing night scenes of my neighborhood. I got about half what I'm looking for for the project shot, and exhibited them earlier this summer. Now I need to get the rest shot. I have a significant private commission which has to take priority #1. I'm also always working on my nudes, but I've had a bit of a creative blockage with the "Human Commodities" series I was shooting.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ugh! Going public is a bit scary. Portraits of interesting men that give a glimpse of what makes them interesting. Although most are interesting looking people, what makes them interesting to me is what attracts their interest. My expectation in of doing this with my Diana +, although it might evolve to include other tools. OK, so lets say a portfolio of 20-25. Bill Barber

Images
    >>>Ugh! Going public is a bit scary.

Bill, I agree.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My long-term project: Great Salt Lake Photographic Survey

My project for when I don't feel like going out to the lake and getting hot and dusty in the desert: Utah Bigfoot

My ultra-long-term project that will take many visits to Asia to complete: North Koreans living in South Korea
    Michael Slade

Shooter
    Medium Format
    My current project is fairly small but I have been preparing for it for going on a year and it is what has given me a love for film. I have been a digital shooter for some time and was finding myself wanting to explore more. I always wanted to "really" try film.

My wife is a scapebooker and I got the inspiration to do a project photographing all my kids grandparents and great-grandparents(all that are still with us) and have my wife make a scrapbook with them. Then it seemed to really honor these people I should use a medium that is more representative of the times they lived. So film was the answer....B&W that is.

I started to buy some and try it out with the cameras that I had (35mm). It just did not cut it for me so I decided I needed to try Medium format. Long story short, I have settled on a Mamiya RB67 and develop the film myself. I have been working to learn the different films and developers and deciding just the right combo. I have settled on Pan F with DD-X. It looks like I may also do some Tri-X 320 in HC-110(B).

So now its just time to set up the sessions with the folks and go shooting...before its to late...

Now, with the end of Kodachrome and inspired by the song by Jamey Johnson, "Should have seen it in color", I have decided to also shoot with Kodachrome 64. I received two rolls from B&H last week so I am all set...just got to make the time.

Now I may expand the project to other people important to me. The project will not be complete until I build a dark room and print the photos myself for the scrapbook, but for now I just need to get the images captured on film...the printing can come later.

Jason

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm from a very rural area and have been thinking of a project of environmental portraits of local individuals. I'd love to shoot them in square with my Mamiya 6 in a not so much "studio" atmosphere, but something more casual. The reason I've been putting it off is that this project is the total opposite of my normal subject matter. I'm not super familiar with casual and environmental portraiture or photographing people at all. One of these days I'll shoot my first portrait... hopefully!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Slade View Post
    Hello Michael,

Just had a look at your Great Lake website - superb work, truly excellent.

Best wishes,
    Gavin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Finished a album from pictures taken at Joshua Trees rock climbing expedition with my daughters friends,add a few of those to a portfolio I'm putting together. Then heading up to Oregon to visit Ma&Pa and hopefully have time to go to Jedediah Smith Park area to get more pictures for portfolio and finish it .

Mike

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin