Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,567   Posts: 1,573,486   Online: 758

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by FilmSprocket View Post
    Hasn't that book already been done? Or am I misunderstanding what you're saying? http://tinyurl.com/ykksest
    Yes, the Bechers already made and published a book called "Grundformen".

Else, it would be impossible to do a project on the Bechers' "Grundformen".

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I thought I might design and make some 8x10 film holders in carbon fibre.
    Mike

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am working on a series entitled Process in which I explore the creation of the print and the value of process. The series breaks the notion of "craft" down into discrete photographs of the steps and tools involved in the process to investigate the relationship between the tangible and intangible. My method, inspired by gestalt psychology and phenomenology, builds upon earlier bodies of work examining such ideas as "the sacred" and "suburbia".
    Let's see what I've got in the magic trash can for Mateo!

blog
    website

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't know if this qualifies as a "project", as it only involves a single negative. (actually I shot 4 and chose the keeper) I just finished a series of 30+ 4x5 contact prints as gifts for the principals and orchestra of Theatre Kent's production of Evita. (in one of my other lives I am an orchestral conductor) By all accounts, the prints were well recieved. I've had requests for more than a dozed more prints. Hopefully by next season, I'll have a 4x5 enlarger and can do even more with the concept. (4x5 contact prints are nice and sharp, but they really don't take full advantage of the format.)

On the 35mm front, I have been doing a small series on movement, particularly swirls of light in puddles etc. (I know, I know... can't get much more cliche than that... ) I did a short series on these a few years ago, but never really explored its possibilities.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My biggest one in the future, after my Cultural Crawl show, will be getting the 2 prints they chose for the show at the opening ceremonies of the 2010 Olympics. The ones for the CC were done months ago so that pressure is off my shoulders. I am excited about the 2010 show because that is a world wide audience. GAAD the PRESSURE! The 2 that were chosen are a few of my BEST stuff so no wonder they decided on them ! They are not completely done yet because I work better when the pressure is on. They don't have to be done until February and I have Christmas to get through.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin