Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,283   Posts: 1,534,922   Online: 875

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

what is your latest project, or one that you hope to work on

do you have a project you are working on ?
    do you have a project you want to work on, but aren't ?

i have a few projects i have been working on sporadically ...
    light and shadow ( kind of basic )
    "glimpses"
    photograms ( kind of basic )
    paper negative portraits
    portraits of strangers, or shopkeepers / people at work / clerks

one of these days i will start
    "people of the cloth"
    ... portraits of tailors, seamstresses, dry cleaners, laundromat workers, ministers and priests ...
    hopefully all 5x7, maybe 8x10 camerawork ....

what's your project ?
    silver magnets, trickle tanks sold
    artwork often times sold for charity
    PM me for details

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    A project starting this week: a series for a wood compagny photographing his products and after that photographing his factory.

After that it will be quiet for a little while.... travel back to Europe and doing some camera repairs and restauration and building for my self, getting back into LF again after 2 years, testing my new Shen Hao, do some 8x10.

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    The local camera club is having an exhibit in September under the "abstract" theme, so I'm trying to devote some effort to shooting prospective material for that.

I'm supposed to have my own little exhibition in October, but I'm still rather stalled on a cohesive theme.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Current project; 8x10 paper neg/contact prints of our island artists

Shooter
    Large Format
    A project I've been working on for over a year: portraits of people in various groups, especially non-profits. I've shot portraits at a senior center, a homeless center, and a school for disabled artists. Last week it was a rugby team in New Zealand.
    Vince Donovan

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    one of these days i will start
    "people of the cloth"
    ... portraits of tailors, seamstresses, dry cleaners, laundromat workers, ministers and priests ...
    hopefully all 5x7, maybe 8x10 camerawork ....
    Oh, I like this. What a wonderful range of comparison and contrast you can introduce into this. Very nice idea.

John Powers

Shooter
    ULarge Format
    Images
    I have worked 2.5 years on a 7x17 contact print series showing the OH & Erie Canal as it is today evolving from a trash heap to a recreational area. Thirty of the one hundred ten prints are in the Cleveland Historical Society or history museum of Cleveland on what after ten months is becoming a long term loan. The series has been presented for publication, but that has bogged down.

Moved by the Texas Church project I am starting an 8x10 series of Places of Worship, small rural buildings in my area. I am refining the idea. At this stage it includes small 19th Century buildings, churches, mausoleums, more recent temples, and even a future church building sign in a corn field. I have found a bit of whimsy that is adding to the fun. I will probably print B&W in 16x20 or 20x24. If it continues to be fun as it evolves, it too may be a multi year project.

John Powers

Images
    The answer is "yes". ~gulp~ Here's how the director of the gallery describes it:

"During the months of August and September, 2009, the Hiddenite Center's Lucas Mansion Gallery will feature the photographic work of Alexander County photographers, Janet Gable Cull and E. Scott Little. For the past two years, they have put together a picture of the traditional face of Alexander County that features people, places, practices, and recurring themes that make up the image that is unique to Alexander County. Although Janet is Scott's mother-in-law (and I add, how cool is that??), their direction as photographers was well underway before they legally became family. Scott's forte is in photographing landscapes and places, while Janet's love is portraiture in capturing people in their own environment..." (reception Sunday, August 23, 3-4:30 in the Lucas Mansion Gallery)

He has a way with words. I hope the work measures up. (And when does the confidence come???)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No printing but matting and framing for a month or so. Just moved and Aaron Brothers had a sale on "buy one frame and get next for .1 penny". Just ordered some 20x24 matts from LightImpressions. I need to dust off my rusty Logan matting skills

Shooter
    Large Format Pan
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm currently working on a whole plate book project along with several other photographers. Our work appeared in the May/June issue of View Camera magazine and I'm not sure when the book project is going to be completed.

I am thinking of getting a portfolio of images together from this project to submit to LensWork magazine. :o

It would be nice to get some pt/pd prints made from these images too.
    Diane

Halak 41

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin