Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,654   Posts: 1,481,382   Online: 1055

Thread: Domke F-10

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Domke F-10

Hello-
    I just ordered a Domke F-10 camera bag and I should get in the mail today. Does anyone else have one? How do you like it?
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Large Format
    I do not have the F 10 but I had domke's of all sorts for more than 30 years and they are all going strong, even the original pre velcro brown one with metal snaps and catches. I think they are great.
    "There are a great many things I am in doubt about at the moment, and I should consider myself favoured if you would kindly enlighten me. Signed, Doubtful, off to Canada." (BJP 1914).

Regards
    Bill

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Do you know if they are made in USA?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    Do you know if they are made in USA?
    I know Jim Domke, and the bags were made in the USA. Originally Jim made them his self near Philadelphia, and then a nearby contractor. They are now distributed by Ira Tiffen and I sincerely doubt that either he or Jim would offshore them. Chances are 90% or better they are still made in the US.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I ordered a couple within the last two years, and they both had a "Made in USA" badge attached to them. Both are quite excellent, BTW, and only look better with wear. Must say I don't know the F10, though.
    S°ren

"We are much more likely to act our way into a new way of thinking than think our way into a new way of acting." - R. Pascale

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Tiffen's website says they are still made in the U.S.: "A: Yes, Domke camera bags are still made in the USA, but they may include some components of foreign origin."

They also warn against fakes made in China, with "Made in USA" labels (the easiest bit to fake).

That's the trouble today: almost everything is copied in China (even Rolls Royce cars), and then sluiced into retail channels all over the world.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I just got the bag and it is in fact Made in USA! It is quite a great bag! I am thrilled with it. It was worth every penny!

mcd

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ektagraphic View Post
    I just got the bag and it is in fact Made in USA! It is quite a great bag! I am thrilled with it. It was worth every penny!
    Occasionally take a good look at the points where the strap loops are sewed to the body. In my experience these are the major weak points where problems occur. Outside of that and some unfortunately poorly placed Velcro, the bags are quite good indeed.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin