Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,338   Posts: 1,537,658   Online: 1012

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: O. B. E.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    When I am addressed as "sir" I always look over my shoulder first to see it there is an officer or an older person behind me.
    Whenever I am adressed as "Mr. Brennan" I always look over my shoulder to see if my father or one of my uncles is standing there!

Here is a link about Conrad Black, Lord Black of Crossharbour, from the CBC: http://www.cbc.ca/news/background/bl...d/peerage.html
    Last edited by Terrence Brennan; 08-27-2009 at 11:28 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: additional information

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    When our son graduated from Basic Training in the Army, I was permitted to wear my uniform to his graduation as was quite normal being a reserve officer. He was goggle eyed when the gate guards saluted me on and off base, and when everyone stood when I entered the ODs office in his barracks. That was about the last time I wore it. I guess an officer gets more attention than a Knight nowdays.

PE

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I only wish my old Royal Marines uniform still fitted me Ron after more than forty years I can still get it on but I can't fasten it, and nobody salutes a corporal.
    Ben

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin