Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,651   Online: 774

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    bad decision in my opinion.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Wait, you have a date with an woman for whom you have some sort of attraction and you're considering doing what, canceling the date for a camera? You must be kidding. If you're not then, pardon me for being so blunt, you're a jerk. Keep thinking that way and you'll find yourself with nothing to keep you warm at night save a bunch of mechanical gadgets. Don't be an idiot. Go and find out if maybe she's the girl for you. Maybe she is, maybe not; but you'll never know until you try. If she's got any sort of self respect, she'll dump you in a heartbeat if she finds out that you've dumped her for a camera.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    WOW-- theres a lot of things I would do without for toys, BUT NOY MY WIFE!!! I'd grt rid of anything for her. Toys come and go, but the chance to have ANY time with a good woman only happens once in a lifetime. The Hassy can and should wait, the date should and MUST happen--END OF DISCUSSION!!!! You would definitly be a CRACKHEAD if you chose anything over a good woman.
    My wife, fortunatly, indulges me and my toys. But I would never put them ahead of her, or any of my family for that matter.
    I have in the past, and still give up some toys for my whim-de-jour.
    Rick

Shooter
    35mm RF
    after slipping on a rock on a jetti and going fully into the air and landing on my elbow, scraped , in pain and dazed i still reached out to catch my falling bronica ETR as if it were a football (id make some awesome comparison but i don't know anything about football), i got up tied my shirt around my bleeding arm and continued my work, it didn't receive any care until my day of photographing was done

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano View Post
    Wait, you have a date with an woman for whom you have some sort of attraction and you're considering doing what, canceling the date for a camera? You must be kidding. If you're not then, pardon me for being so blunt, you're a jerk. Keep thinking that way and you'll find yourself with nothing to keep you warm at night save a bunch of mechanical gadgets. Don't be an idiot. Go and find out if maybe she's the girl for you. Maybe she is, maybe not; but you'll never know until you try. If she's got any sort of self respect, she'll dump you in a heartbeat if she finds out that you've dumped her for a camera.
    Meeting women is easy. Another one comes by every 15 minutes like busses. [I am sure it is the same way for women meeting men.] If a woman [man] likes you, then she [he] will accept you the way you are including your interests and desires. If not, move on there is a better one for you out there.

Steve
    Warning!! Handling a Hasselblad can be harmful to your financial well being!

Nothing beats a great piece of glass!

I leave the digital work for the urologists and proctologists.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Maybe its something in the water.

When I went into the army years ago, there was always the rumor that they put something in the water (in Basic training) to curb your romantic interest.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I remember reading a story years ago about a photojournalist who won a Pulitzer for his work. At a party held to celebrate, he openly admitted he wasn't happy because he gave up so much in the process of his work.
    The quote always stuck with me: A camera doesn't keep you warm at night.

Anyway, enough about that. I'd say what I sacrifice is a life free of credit card interest charges...no small thing.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post
    I have a date this weekend coming with a very attractive Japanese girl who speaks amazing english, and Im going to cancel in order to pay for shipping on my new Hassy...
    Surely you're not that hard up for photo gear. Wait on the Hassy and take out the lassie.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sirius Glass View Post
    Meeting women is easy. Another one comes by every 15 minutes like busses. [I am sure it is the same way for women meeting men.] If a woman [man] likes you, then she [he] will accept you the way you are including your interests and desires. If not, move on there is a better one for you out there.

Steve
    That's pretty shallow, but you're right. Meeting women is easy. Meeting the right woman is hard. It takes a lot of work and sacrifice. It is often one failure after another. When you meet someone that you'd really like to know better, you are in a position where you have to sell yourself; and first impressions are everything. What sort of impression does it make to the object of your desire to know that a camera, a thing, an inanimate object, takes precedence? Answer that.
    Frank Schifano

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Gave up my Roland Jupiter 6 and Sequential Circuits synthesizers. I regret selling those puppies but they were too addictive and I was making no real contribution to music with those beasties.

Gave up some bad relationships with shallow people that hindered my artwork.

Pushing forward with the good. Leaving the bad for the past. Praying for the best.
    I brake for fixer!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin