Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,766   Posts: 1,484,125   Online: 944

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you even think about gear over the girl she must not be the right one for you anyway...
    If she was right for you the question never would have been ask
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    wow, you guys are super serious on some things arent you? I was more interesting in what YOUVE given up....but since youre so intersted, said person is a stranger... and really its not a big deal... just trying to be funny..not being stooooopid

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    is this from an ebay auction? if so, explain your situation to the seller, and then, if they have a heart in their body, they'll allow you to postpone payment until you've taken this girl out. IF THEY HAVE A HEART THAT IS

some people don't though.

i've given up sleep (pretty precious in my book), and lots of time working over a fryer(no longer thank God) in the name of newer, better gear. if I could go back and do it all over again, I would . But if a great girl was involved, the gear would have had to wait!

its your decision after all. some on this thread have said that if she has a heart, she'll understand. NOT TRUE SIR....

any good(or especially great) girl is worth more than all the gear in the world. besides, its not like there isn't another Hassie out there with your name on it...

just my $.02

-dan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and think of the consequences that you'd suffer if she were to find out that you canceled, or even postponed the date because of having to use the money to pay for equipment? no warm bed for you . just cold sheets, along with your hasselblad to keep you company.

cold metal doesn't feel nice, especially when its cold out

-do what's right. take the poor girl out.

and you don't have to spend very much money. as stated in above posts, IF SHE LIKES YOU FOR YOU, SHE WON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND, IF ANY AT ALL! she will want to be with you, to be with you, not your money.

-dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post
    I just realized how much Im currently suffering from GAS... to the point that it might just be ruining my life....

I have a date this weekend coming with a very attractive Japanese girl who speaks amazing english, and Im going to cancel in order to pay for shipping on my new Hassy...

... Im sick I know...
    Send ALL of your photographic equipment to me...You don't deserve to own any of it, if you'd choose it, over going out with a "very attractive" Japanese woman...

Dann Fassnacht
    c/o General Delivery
    Aberdeen, WA 98520

Please let me know when it's on its' way, so I'll have an idea when to start looking for it at my local Post Office (General Delivery).
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's heaps more women out there than Hasselblads!! :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not enough.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ohh ye of no sense of humors

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Dates don't have to be expensive. In fact, the best parts of the best dates are almost totally free!
    Sometimes there are consequential costs though...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you ever meet with a similar decision just remember... if you don't keep your equipment exercised and lubed it will become brittle and/or seize up and quit working. There's nothing worse than a bellows that won't flex or a shutter that will no longer fire!!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin