Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 73,064   Posts: 1,611,612   Online: 902

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    and think of the consequences that you'd suffer if she were to find out that you canceled, or even postponed the date because of having to use the money to pay for equipment? no warm bed for you . just cold sheets, along with your hasselblad to keep you company.

cold metal doesn't feel nice, especially when its cold out

-do what's right. take the poor girl out.

and you don't have to spend very much money. as stated in above posts, IF SHE LIKES YOU FOR YOU, SHE WON'T CARE HOW MUCH MONEY YOU SPEND, IF ANY AT ALL! she will want to be with you, to be with you, not your money.

-dan

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post
    I just realized how much Im currently suffering from GAS... to the point that it might just be ruining my life....

I have a date this weekend coming with a very attractive Japanese girl who speaks amazing english, and Im going to cancel in order to pay for shipping on my new Hassy...

... Im sick I know...
    Send ALL of your photographic equipment to me...You don't deserve to own any of it, if you'd choose it, over going out with a "very attractive" Japanese woman...

Dann Fassnacht
    c/o General Delivery
    Aberdeen, WA 98520

Please let me know when it's on its' way, so I'll have an idea when to start looking for it at my local Post Office (General Delivery).
    Dann Fassnacht
    Aberdeen, WA USA

glockman99@hotmail.com
    -------------------------------------
    My film cameras are all Nikons: F3HP, F4s, N90s, N8008, N8008s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There's heaps more women out there than Hasselblads!! :-)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Not enough.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Medium Format
    ohh ye of no sense of humors

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by 2F/2F View Post
    Dates don't have to be expensive. In fact, the best parts of the best dates are almost totally free!
    Sometimes there are consequential costs though...

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    If you ever meet with a similar decision just remember... if you don't keep your equipment exercised and lubed it will become brittle and/or seize up and quit working. There's nothing worse than a bellows that won't flex or a shutter that will no longer fire!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Send ALL of your photographic equipment to me...You don't deserve to own any of it, if you'd choose it, over going out with a "very attractive" Japanese woman...
    Better yet keep the gear, get the hassy,and give the woman my #
    Real men use Speed Graphics and flashbulbs.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you ever meet with a similar decision just remember... if you don't keep your equipment exercised and lubed it will become brittle and/or seize up and quit working. There's nothing worse than a bellows that won't flex or a shutter that will no longer fire!!
    And always wear a protective cover, over the lens.
    Everytime I find a film or paper that I like, they discontinue it. - Paul Strand - Aperture monograph on Strand

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    In part, my marriage. That's the worst sacrifice ever. It's two fold:

1. I lost an 8-year long marriage because I wanted STUFF. That's f-ing stupid.
    2. I gained nothing from it. All that gear is confusing, in my opinion. Instead of getting gear, challenge yourself and get rid of some instead. It will improve your results most likely, but probably also your life.

I've boiled my gear down to:
    Hasselblad 500 system with two lenses
    Pentax 35mm system with two lenses
    Holga
    Zero Image 6x6

That's it. I'll never need another camera, as I am of the opinion that we grow as we become more familiar with our gear, and true vision and seeing can happen when gear isn't even a consideration, when your camera is like an extension of your arms and your mind.

If you're capable of getting to that point with fourteen different cameras and a hundred lenses, then more power to you. To me it just makes it more difficult and confusing. Ask yourself, though, if your pictures are really that much better due to a different lens signature or bokeh or whatever.
    If the answer is an overwhelming 'yes', then perhaps GAS isn't a bad thing. For me it's 'no way'. So for me GAS was nothing but the biggest mistake of my life.

- Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by bibowj View Post
    I just realized how much Im currently suffering from GAS... to the point that it might just be ruining my life....

I have a date this weekend coming with a very attractive Japanese girl who speaks amazing english, and Im going to cancel in order to pay for shipping on my new Hassy...

... Im sick I know...

So what are some of the sacrifices that youve made in order to further your collection?
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin