Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,223   Posts: 1,532,491   Online: 1073

Page 23 of 72 FirstFirst ... 131718192021222324252627282933 ... LastLast
    mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm sorry: no one spoke up for it so I donated it to Goodwill.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    I'm sorry: no one spoke up for it so I donated it to Goodwill.

Mike
    Just curious, does Goodwill and other thrifts take it if it know as broken or not working?
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

mjs

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Just curious, does Goodwill and other thrifts take it if it know as broken or not working?
    Not usually but the manager of one of our local Goodwill shops likes to take apart and try to repair mechanical things, so we humor her and provide her with project material when we can. Advantages of small town life, I suppose.

Mike
    Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming– “Wow! What a Ride!”

— Hunter S. Thompson

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by jnanian View Post
    this is free, buyer pays shipping

it is a #500 back, the precursor to the 545, and 545i backs.

i have another one and use it for exposing #55 p/n and #59 film.
    this is MISSING the little metal wire that at the base.
    ( it is what later became the little clippy thing on the 545 back )

it can easily be used to expose paper negatives
    or for some sort of project

given away ... ( pending shipping payment )
    im empty, good luck

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I have some raw chemicals from the photographer's formulary. A bottle of Potassium Carbonate, Anhydrous, 1lb but I've used some of it, not too much, over half left. Also a bottle of Sodium Chloride, 100g, I've also used some, not much. Free to whoever PMs me first. I'd like $6 for shipping in the US only.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by brian steinberger View Post
    I have some raw chemicals from the photographer's formulary. A bottle of Potassium Carbonate, Anhydrous, 1lb but I've used some of it, not too much, over half left. Also a bottle of Sodium Chloride, 100g, I've also used some, not much. Free to whoever PMs me first. I'd like $6 for shipping in the US only.
    GONE!!!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Kodak slide trays: 3 140s and 1 80. Pay shipping from 56468.
    "Far more critical than what we know or do not know is what we do not want to know." - Eric Hoffer

Shooter
    35mm
    Oh yes, they do. Not all thrift stores are that ethical. The other day I was in my local Goodwill and I saw a Minolta Maxxum that was literally covered in soap scum and that had a lens that was covered in fungus and they were still trying to sell it. It had obviously been dropped in a bathtub and wrecked, no way it worked and yet it was still on the shelf. I've also bought a couple of cameras and flashes online from Goodwill that turned out to be total duds and had a lens arrive with mega fungi. No mention of it at all in the listing.

So yeah, they can and do sell stuff that doesn't work. I read the ads very carefully and look at all the pics. If I am in the store I test things out as much as possible but I'm always aware that I could be spending my money on junk too. If in doubt, I just don't buy, shrug.

Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Nothing spectacular, just some M42 screw mount stuff:

Zenit E - Shutter second curtain doesn't always close so spares or repair.

Tokina 135mm f3.5 lens - Surplus to requirements as I now have a 135mm Zeiss Sonnar with M42 mount (not being offered!).

Russian 135mm f4 lens - manually stopped down, no auto iris pin on this one.

Just pay postage by Paypal, cheque, cash carried in the beak of a carrier pigeon, etc.

Reply here or send P.M.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 08-19-2010 at 02:57 PM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Two Praktica bodies taken.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Just the Tokina 135mm lens and the Zenit E body left now.

Steve.
    Last edited by Steve Smith; 08-23-2010 at 03:49 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin