Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,522   Posts: 1,543,799   Online: 773

Page 49 of 72 FirstFirst ... 394344454647484950515253545559 ... LastLast

Shooter
    35mm
    Replied to your PM. Will check shipping costs tomorrow and get back with you.

Tentatively spoken for.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by lxdude View Post
    ?
    If I recall, the zeiss bumps are caused by oxidation where a brass screw or rivet reacts with the adhesive attaching the leather. They were common on Graphix Press cameras as well as their namesake Zeiss and some other makes. Don't show up too often on Nikons that I know of.

Can be repaired by very carefully pulling back the leather, removing the oxidation, then coating with some type of sealer before re-applying the leather. Often during the process the leather is stretched however and is difficult to return it to flat. Sometimes it is repaired by just slitting the leather over the bump, cleaning and coating it, then gluing it back. Mostly just a cosmetic problem even if not repaired.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by LyleB View Post
    Feeling generous today.

I've ended up with several Nikon FMs. I would like to offer one to a student or someone who has not shot film before and would like to take the venture. PLEASE, not for adding to a collection.

What I offer:

Although it isn't in perfect condition, it seems to be fully functional, with no mechanical problems.

The light meter is working, shutter speeds all sound right, no krinkles in the shutter blades, self timer is working. The problems are:

- some brassing on the rear
    - small to moderate dent in the prism housing
    - two minor zeiss bumps to the left (as looking at the camera from front) of the self timer and DOF preview levers
    - finally, the light seals and mirror bumper need replacement, but to my knowledge, there are no leaks yet.

Must complete the deal within one week (I'm going out of town).

Cost to you:
    Shipping (about $7) plus $10 donation to APUG for their good work and accommodating this transaction. Total: $17

Honesty appreciated in getting this camera to someone who will use it to explore annalog photography for the first time.

Due to unacceptably high international shipping charges, this offer is still available. Anyone else interested?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Due to unacceptably high international shipping charges, this offer is still available. Anyone else interested?
    I am but I don't conform to your starving student/new film user requirements!

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ok, received a PM from a member who voluntarily teaches B&W photography and darkroom techniques for the Boys Club in NYC. He also does workshops for them. He provides most of the gear himself for the students to use. This sounds ideal for my intentions. Will probably be working out a deal with him, so this offer is tentatively spoken for again.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, received a PM from a member who voluntarily teaches B&W photography and darkroom techniques for the Boys Club in NYC. He also does workshops for them. He provides most of the gear himself for the students to use. This sounds ideal for my intentions. Will probably be working out a deal with him, so this offer is tentatively spoken for again.
    Sounds worthy indeed.
    A tip o me jar to ya!

Shooter
    35mm
    Feeling generous today.

I've ended up with several Nikon FMs. I would like to offer one to a student or someone who has not shot film before and would like to take the venture. PLEASE, not for adding to a collection.

What I offer:

Although it isn't in perfect condition, it seems to be fully functional, with no mechanical problems.

The light meter is working, shutter speeds all sound right, no krinkles in the shutter blades, self timer is working. The problems are:

- some brassing on the rear
    - small to moderate dent in the prism housing
    - two minor zeiss bumps to the left (as looking at the camera from front) of the self timer and DOF preview levers
    - finally, the light seals and mirror bumper need replacement, but to my knowledge, there are no leaks yet.

Must complete the deal within one week (I'm going out of town).

Cost to you:
    Shipping (about $7) plus $10 donation to APUG for their good work and accommodating this transaction. Total: $17

Honesty appreciated in getting this camera to someone who will use it to explore annalog photography for the first time.
    Deal is made. Camera will be sent out tomorrow, Saturday.

Shooter
    Plastic Cameras
    Images

Kodak color print viewing filter kit

Used to judge color balance adjustments for color printing. Shipping and Handling $5 (US)

Jon
    Mendocino Coast Black and White Photography: www.jonshiu.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    If I recall, the zeiss bumps are caused by oxidation
    I understand the logic behind a lot of the American modifications of English words but I think reducing oxidisation to oxidation is a strange one.

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Steve Smith View Post
    I understand the logic behind a lot of the American modifications of English words but I think reducing oxidisation to oxidation is a strange one.

Steve.
    I wish you fellows on that side of the pond would learn to spell, it is "oxidization". Stop using "s" in place of a "z" all the time. Cheeze whiz.
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin