Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,683   Online: 737

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    35mm
    I think the film was you are discussing was KODAK VERICOLOR Slide Film which went by a moniker of SO-279. See Kodak practice E-24.

I had/have a few rolls of this film but due the very detailed exposure guidelines I determined that I would exhaust my bank account before I could perfect my process. It uses C-41 for development.

Denis K

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I think it was kodak so-279 (35mm 35 exposure) or vericolor 5072 (35mm 100' bulk) it was processed in C-41.

I still have 2 rolls of so-279 from circa 81 in my freezer; I doubt if they are still viable, but they are fun to think about.

I have used portra b&w ra-4 print paper ( I have a 12" roll about 200' long that I bought from a closing minilab for $10). It was meant to print b&w prints from colour negs. I have used it to print b&w negs. I either include a blank orange mask snadwiched in to keep the contrast in range, or dial in enough yellow and magenta (about 50cc of each I recall, after matching up the colour balance after pulling the mask with my analyser) to simulate the mask and just print the raw b&w neg. (You can otherwise adjust the red filtration to vary this paper's image from about a number 2 to a number 3.5 in its black and white contrast).

So, yes, it is in thoery possible to filter the filme mask out, however the negative image would then not automatically be turned into true colur image when shooting it with a 'normal' C-41 film.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    You could try to use the color compensation filters, shoot with slide film, and cross process to make a positive.

Before, I would say that you could use a c41 film with no orange mask such as digibase or scanfilm, but I've since learned that those films are actually c41 labeled slide films.

If you really wanted extra work for yourself, I guess you could use the color compensation filters, shoot with slide film to get a properly balanced negative, and then shoot again with slide film for the positive. You would lose a lot of quality though.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Shooter
    35mm
    You can get the slide film as mentioned above or you can scan the negative with a film scanner then make the slide using a film recorder.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Chan Tran View Post
    You can get the slide film as mentioned above or you can scan the negative with a film scanner then make the slide using a film recorder.
    Yeah, but that's hybrid.
    www.EASmithV.com

"The camera is an instrument that teaches people how to see without a camera."— Dorothea Lange
    http://www.flickr.com/easmithv/
    RIP Kodachrome

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin