Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,011   Posts: 1,524,675   Online: 788

Thread: dot screens

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

dot screens

Does anyone know where I can get dot screens that were used in making B&W photos printable via the offset printing process?.I've been trying to print a number of negs for a local historical society newsletter that is photocopied for distribution to the members and I've tried every variable both with printing the negs and then photocopying them.They either come out too flat and muddy or too contrasty to see any detail.Any help or suggestion is greatly appreciated.

Doug

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    I know what you mean.

Google for "lithographic supplies" in your neighbourhood and tell them what you need.
    Toronto should be a good place for it.

Peter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Try UltraFineOnline aka photowarehouse they are a graphic arts outlet and have what you need.
    Rick

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    You are looking for halftone screens - and yes a graphic arts supplier is what you need.

Matt

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I hate to say this, but try photocopying them using amodern copier, and set the copier output to halftone. Then you will have great looking print, and the newsletter gets printable copy.

Yes, I do have a halftone screen ( a few in fact ) They are very cool to play with together to creat moire patterns to overpirnt and print though as well as thier intended original use.

You might try looking up any silk screen shops around. They will have used a lot of this technology in the past. I got mine from a guy whose facility I sometimes use. He has a 17x21" process camera in the basement that is great for assembling generations of photomosaics with witch to then move on to do alt process enlarged negatives.
    my real name, imagine that.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan

dot screens

Thank you all for replies and suggestions.I'll start with the graphic arts suppliers and if that doesn't give me the results I'm after, I'll try one of theplaces like Kinkos or Staples Business Depot which have pay as you go copiers.

Doug

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin