Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,294   Posts: 1,535,561   Online: 1110

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Large Format

Restoration

Looks like a great project to restore the camera. I restored an old Kodak 2D camera. I didn't try to the bellows, I sent it away to have a new one made. Enjoy.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    To put it simple: you can make from plywood a lens plate for the camera and mount a 150mm in it for starters.
    150mm is the "standard lens" for 4x5 inch.
    If you want longer have a look at a 210mm or a 240mm, but measure the bellows first: min and max extension.
    If ou want more wide-angle than the 150 you might look at a 120mm or even a 90mm Super Angulon or Grandagon.
    All on new lens plates 'cause...

Goog looking camera, congrads !

Peter

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by archphoto View Post
    To put it simple: you can make from plywood a lens plate for the camera and mount a 150mm in it for starters.
    150mm is the "standard lens" for 4x5 inch.
    If you want longer have a look at a 210mm or a 240mm, but measure the bellows first: min and max extension.
    If ou want more wide-angle than the 150 you might look at a 120mm or even a 90mm Super Angulon or Grandagon.
    All on new lens plates 'cause...

Goog looking camera, congrads !

Peter
    Excellent - thanks for the replies - I reckon I've been trying to make it more complicated than it is. :-)

cheers
    Tony
    regards,

Tony

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yes, I'd go with some 180mm Symmar for the start as 16.5cm x 12cm original glass means you can probably adapt your camera to 5x7/13x18 format as well. 180 covers it too. Or whatever similar you manage to get hold of.
    I mounted 90/8 Super-Angulon to 5x7 Seneca Improved. Works, without any movements.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin