Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,058   Posts: 1,561,492   Online: 871

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    The Series 4.5 ND filter shown in the above pictures is a Harrison filter that I purchased new. Later I found a series 4.5 BOLEX branded Neutral Density filter in a box at Photorama for a buck or so.
    I have a bunch of Series 5, 4 and 4.5 'orange' #85 tungsten-daylight conversion filters but I don't shoot color. The ND filters are harder to find (but essential for B&W so you don't get into bad diffraction when outdoors).
    Last edited by ic-racer; 09-12-2009 at 10:36 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also note that all the above applies to only the "D" lenses. The "C-mount" lenses on the H8 REX all use a larger screw on hood (33mm I think) with a series 5 filter. There is a thin hood and a thicker hood and they screw together for the 35mm and 12mm lenses. The 5.5 Rex lens only uses the thin piece.

So, to sum it up:

D-Mount (H8):
    Yvar = series 4
    Switar = Series 4.5

C-Mount (H8-REX):
    Switar = Series 5

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Also note that the H8-REX does not have the behind-the-lens gel filter holder of the H16-REX. Therefore all filtering needs to be done with the series filters in front of the lens. So you will want to make sure you have the lens hoods because they hold the filters in place.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin