Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,692   Posts: 1,482,413   Online: 681

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kubach View Post
    The pawn shops where I live (Richmond, Va) won't buy film cameras anymore.

Jeff
    I don't insure my cameras any more, if they get stolen the insurance companys just tell you they are obsolete and aren't worth much.
    Ben

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Wish I saw this thread earlier. I had an Olympus XA-2 stolen (among thousands of dollars of other things) from me several months ago, and I know who it was but the police refuse to do anything. If someone named Adrienne near Schenectady, NY tries to sell you one, let me know right away.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Kc2edh View Post
    Wish I saw this thread earlier. I had an Olympus XA-2 stolen (among thousands of dollars of other things) from me several months ago, and I know who it was but the police refuse to do anything. If someone named Adrienne near Schenectady, NY tries to sell you one, let me know right away.
    Sounds about like the Crapital District police allright.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last Friday (3rd of May), while I was in Spain, two persons broke into our house and carried off some equipment. It was probably the same two drug addicts that broke in ten weeks ago and got caught (resulting in nothing more than probation so they left the court after the trial). They went for the stuff that looked modern and big which meant that I got to keep all Hasselblad and Leica stuff (They choose a Nikkor-H 300/4.5 and left a Leica 35/1.4 ASPH !).
    I am trying to recover the serial numbers on the 200 and the Noblex.

Stolen equipment:
    Nikkor 200/2.0 Ais if-ED - They took the lens and left the case so any observation of a caseless lens like this is interesting
    Noblex Pro 6/150 U - again, they left the case but took the slow time module and the viewfinder
    Nikkor 85/1.4 Ais - This was once dropped and the lens hood bent inwards. This was corrected with a pair of pliers and is easy to spot
    Nikkor-H 300/4.5
    Nikon F4E

There are probably more items missing.
    The items where stolen in Lund in Sweden.

DBP

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Contax T stolen out of our car last night in Alexandria VA. S/N 029309.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin