Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,952   Posts: 1,557,957   Online: 1018

Shooter
    Multi Format

Keystone-Elgeet 1 inch f:1.9 out of alignment.

I have this really nice lens that came with my Keystone camera, but the grease had solidified and someone had gotten to it before I had a chance to work my magic. Can someone give me the overall length of the lens at 2', 6', and infinity settings in mm. Hopefully I can adjust the screw stop so the lens will focus correctly at all distance settings. Currently all frames are out of focus at all distances settings on the barrel. Using a caliper the current lens lengths are . . .

2' setting = 45mm
    6' setting = 44mm
    Infinity setting = 43.5mm

When I had the lens disassembled I started with the guide blocks flush with the top of the channels. Obvoiusly there are many places I could start when initially setting the blocks position. Thanks in advance. Dann
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

Shooter
    Multi Format
    A different approach worked. I disassembled it, and then reassembled it screwing together the barrel and collars as far as physically possible. Then backing it out to the very first location where the blocks could be inserted and tightened down. I'm sure there is an prefered method to assemble this specific lens, but at f/22 and set to infinity it will now create a focused image of distance objects.

Lens lengths are now . . .

2' setting = 44mm
    6' setting = 43mm
    Infinity setting = 42.5mm
    Last edited by DannL; 09-20-2009 at 10:08 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    "Lo único de lo que el mundo no se cansará nunca es de exageración." Salvador Dalí

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin