Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,328   Posts: 1,537,160   Online: 822

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Come on,
    No guts no glory. I agree with the 8 x 10. I myself would be carrying the large film format you can. Cut down on fancy lens Carry more film. A good wide angle, a medium tele and a compact zoom. Also the most stable tripod you can handle. My kit for an average shoot is three bags. 1 film, 2 light meter and other gear, 3 tripod. Oh then the camera.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Pat
    What grain............................................. ...............
    Oh sorry, I forgot you don't shoot Large Format
    Large format Pat.

http://www.largeformatpat.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by largeformat pat View Post
    Come on,
    No guts no glory. I agree with the 8 x 10. I myself would be carrying the large film format you can. Cut down on fancy lens Carry more film. A good wide angle, a medium tele and a compact zoom. Also the most stable tripod you can handle. My kit for an average shoot is three bags. 1 film, 2 light meter and other gear, 3 tripod. Oh then the camera.
    Enjoy yourself.
    Pat

Hmm.
    Wonder how well all that would travel down the slippery slope and back from Yannathan Falls?

Methinks it takes more than a little devotion, but it can be done, as Wyno has famously demonstrated with that Tachihara on several trips I have organised. I agree with carrying more film than lenses; film is cheaper than a return trip; all things being equal, I generally make as many trips as I want to a destination I am smitten by!
    .::Gary Rowan Higgins

A comfort zone is a wonderful place. But nothing ever grows there.
    —Anon.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I agree that backpacking/hiking and photography are wonderful companions. However, the type and amount of gear that I take camping depends upon where I am going, how far I am walking, who I am going with, and how much opportunity there will be for contemplative photography. The things that often don't mix well with carrying bulky gear are companions who are not photographers and a fast pace.
    Each to his own, but I would almost never take more than one camera with me on a serious hike. It might be 35mm, MF or LF, but I personally find it liberating to remove a few choices. That's part of the reason I go walking in the first place - to get back to some simplicity. Taking just a good rangefinder and a light tripod can be a very nice way to travel in the bush.
    Ian

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin