Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,860   Posts: 1,583,129   Online: 831

View Poll Results: HOW Analog Are You?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Totally analog; don't own or use a digital camera of any kind.

78 34.67%
  • Mostly analog/film; may on occasion use a digital camera (less than 10% of time)

101 44.89%
  • Mostly hybrid; use film primarily for capture, and scan & print digitally most of the time

46 20.44%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a little digi point-and-shoot I sometimes use to take pictures of grandkids. I got tired of developing countless black and white photos of the little dears for their parents. But I still use my film cameras for pictures of them that I want. I also scan all my 35mm contact sheets and file them in Adobe Organizer (in Elements) so I can find them quickly. Other than that, all my pictures are black and white film, 35mm, 4x5 and soon (when my new RB67 arrives) 6x7.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    21 Sept 2009

When I shoot black & white I am completely analog from capture to print. When shooting color I am completely analog except for scanning slides or negs that need to be digitized for a project. I will confess to owning a digital PS which I use for travel pics.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    35mm
    I voted totally analogue. Since I got my colour darkroom up and running, the scanner hasn't been turned on.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I sold my scanner, the only remaining D*****l at home is a quite old P&S I've been given some years ago. Very useful to make pics of the stuff I sell from time to time, and when I dismantle a camera...
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I shoot 100% film, print selected images in a makeshift darkroom, and unfortunately scan the colour stuff. Having issues with that right now, I'm thinking of getting my local pro lab to do some optical prints for me, no idea why I didn't think of this before eh...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have a digital camera which I use for quick snaps to go online, and as a photographic sketchbook.

My monochrome work is totally analog, and makes up > 90% of my effort. Colour work is hybrid, and is usually (quite a bit) < 5% of my time.
    Steve

"You don't need eyes to see, you need vision" - Maxi Jazz

Website

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I've got a moderately high-end digital (canon EOS 5D) for the times when I shoot something commercial that requires digital. Otherwise, it's an all analog workflow. I shot my last vacation on 35mm color neg. The majority of my work though is large format b/w in alt process prints.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    I am completely analog: my body has no electronic or cybernetic implants.
    aristotelis grammatikakis
    www.arigram.gr
    Real photographs, created in camera, 100% organic,
    no digital additives and shit

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    As a colour photographer I shoot on film, scan, and then print wet or analog on a Lambda or Lightjet, admittedly at a professional lab. As a historical process photographer, I shoot film, use a digital inkjet negative, print using historical analog materials and chemistry.

To me this is all analog, I don't consider this hybrid at all (yeah, yeah, yeah no heckling from the peanut gallery).

Regards, Art.
    Visit my website at www.ArtLiem.com
    or my online portfolios at APUG and ModelMayhem

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very interesting poll. Makes you think about how you work. I wish I could say I was 100% analog, but I'm not. I do have a P&S d*gital that I use occasionally. I do process/print my B&W, but haven't advanced to color so I usually scan the ones I like and have costco make the prints for me.

Regards,
    Jon

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin